We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Filtering a GridDataBoundGrid

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

43286 Apr 19,2006 07:36 PM Apr 24,2006 10:43 AM Windows Forms 2
Tags: GridControl
Brian Schlatter
Asked On April 19, 2006 07:36 PM

Is it at all possible to filter a GridDataBoundGrid object if its DataSource is anything but a DataTable/DataSet? I, for example, have an ArrayList (as the DataSource) and I do not wish to use a GridFilterBar. Thanks, Brian

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 20, 2006 02:26 AM

Hi Brain, There is no built-in support for ArrayList filtering in a GridDataBound. The RowFilter support in a GridDataBoundGrid is based on the DataView.RowFilter property . You could implement you own support for filtering using QuerycellInfo event. The idea would be when you filter, to go through the full datasource, and remember the status of the visible rows (maybe in an HashTable). Then in your virtual implementation, you need to show/hide the proper rows. You can see this type of implementation in the attached sample. Here is a sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/ArrayListGrid_7ecaa054.zip Let us know if this helps. Best Regards, Haneef

Brian Schlatter
Replied On April 24, 2006 10:43 AM

This is a good solution but I ran into performance problems working with grid of 1,000+ items. Got a lot of ideas from it though. Thanks again.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;