We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem with ExportDataTable

I have the following line of code: DataTable excelTable = sheet.ExportDataTable(sheet.UsedRange, ExcelExportDataTableOptions.ColumnNames); There are 241 cells used and the first row is the column names. My DataTable has 241 rows. The last row is blank. The ExportDataTable method correctly names my columns, but it incorrectly adds a blank row to the datatable. I have Boolean values in the table as TRUE, FALSE and I need to make a new datatable with the correct columntype. So when looping through the datatable returned by ExportDataTable, I have an empty string, which doesn''t convert to Boolean. I would suggest two things: 1. Eliminate the extra row when specifying column names 2. Have another overload whether or not to create a Boolean column type for boolean values in the excel data.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 24, 2006 01:24 PM UTC

Hi Martin, Sorry for the delay in getting you. The addition of an extra row cannot be due to specifying Column Names in ExcelExportDataTableOptions.ColumnNames. This may happen because of using ''sheet.UsedRange'' in the code DataTable excelTable = sheet.ExportDataTable(sheet.UsedRange, ExcelExportDataTableOptions.ColumnNames); Because a blank cell containing some format can be regarded as UsedRange in XlsIO. Here is the code which will not add any extra rows in the datatable. sheet.ExportDataTable(int firstRow of the cell,int firstColumn of the cell,int maximum no.of rows to export,int maximum no.of columns to export,ExcelExportDataTableOptions.ColumnNames) I have filed a feature request(FeatureID:908) for exporting boolean datas to the datatable. please see the attachment and let me know if you have any questions. DataTableUser.zip Thanks, Bharath

MN Martin Nitschke April 24, 2006 03:21 PM UTC

I have attached my sample excel. I am trying to say when I specify ColumnNames, then it should know that I want the UsedRange, but not the top row. This example gives me a used range of A1:E241, which is correct. That says 241 rows of Data, however, since I specified ColumnNames, that should tell the ExportTable method that the real data UsedRange is B1:E241, which is 240 rows.

Test27.zip

MN Martin Nitschke April 24, 2006 03:38 PM UTC

Here is my code, I still get 241 rows in my DataTable ExcelEngine excelEngine = new ExcelEngine(); IWorkbook workbook = excelEngine.Excel.Workbooks.Open(openFileDialog.FileName); IWorksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0]; int maxRows = sheet.Rows.Length - 1; int maxCols = sheet.Columns.Length; DataTable excelTable = sheet.ExportDataTable(1, 1, maxRows, maxCols, ExcelExportDataTableOptions.ColumnNames);

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 27, 2006 01:44 PM UTC

Hi Martin, Sorry for the delay in getting you. I am able to see the problem. Please try our latest version 4.1.0.63 which has a fix for this problem. ftp://syncpatch.syncfusion.com/EssentialStudio/4.1.0.63/syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe Please take a look at the attachment and let me know if you need any assistance. BestRegards, Bharath

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon