We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GDBG and GridToExcel

Hi, I am using Syncfusion 4.1.0.62 and .Net 2.0. I want to export the GDBG to Excel using GridExcelConverter.GridToExcel. Unfortunately, the ComboBox column exports the value instead the displayed text. Is there any way to change that ? Thank you for your support, Michael

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 19, 2006 06:31 AM UTC

Hi Michael, There is no built-in support for display text exporting in a grid.But this can be achieved by changing the value member of the combobox celltype in a grid.Here is a code snippet. ChangeValueMamber(); Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterControl gecc = new Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.GridExcelConverterControl(); gecc.GridToExcel(this.gridControl1,@"C:\MyExcel.xls",Syncfusion.GridExcelConverter.ConverterOptions.Default); ResetChangeValueMember(); Here is a sample for implementing it. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/DemoProj_9200e65d.zip Let me know if you need any further assistance. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products. Regards, Haneef

MC Michael Cruanes April 19, 2006 01:56 PM UTC

Hi Haneef, Unfortunately, I have some GUID CellValueType and it seems to be a problem for the cell validation. Anyhow, I am using now a temporary grid control that I fill with the displayed content of the GDBG. I call GridToExcel with the temporary grid as parameter and it is seems to work. I think you can close this issue. Kind Regards, Michael

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon