We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Open huge xls fail

Hi, I try to open an 4mb xls file an get the following exception. The code works fine with other little files. The Xls File is very complex, using macros and other utilities Excel provides. e.g. locked cells ... so I don''t think the size of the file is the issue. Can somebody help me. A list of things not to do when using xlsio ??? Thanks Tobias ArgumentOutOfRangeException ex.message Parameter name: length Actual value was 120. ex.stacktrace at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Parser.Biff_Records.BiffRecordRaw.CheckOffsetAndLength(Int32 offset, Int32 length) at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Parser.Biff_Records.BiffRecordRaw.GetBytes(Int32 offset, Int32 length) at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Parser.Biff_Records.OBJRecord.GetSubRecord(Int32 offset) at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Parser.Biff_Records.OBJRecord.ParseStructure() at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Parser.Biff_Records.BiffRecordRaw.ParseStructure(Byte[] arrData, Int32 iOffset, Int32 iLength) at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Parser.Biff_Records.BiffRecordRaw.FillRecord(BinaryReader reader, Byte[] arrBuffer) at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Parser.BiffRecordFactory.GetRecord(TBIFFRecord type, BinaryReader reader, Byte[] arrBuffer) at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Parser.BiffReader.GetRecord() at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorksheetBaseImpl.Parse(BiffReader reader, ExcelParseOptions options, Boolean bSkipParsing) at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorksheetImpl..ctor(IApplication application, Object parent, BiffReader reader, ExcelParseOptions options, Boolean bSkipParsing) at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.ApplicationImpl.CreateWorksheet(Object parent, BiffReader reader, ExcelParseOptions options, Boolean bSkipParsing) at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.WorksheetsCollection.Add(BiffReader reader, ExcelParseOptions options, Boolean bSkipParsing) at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.ReadWorksheetsData(BiffReader reader, ExcelParseOptions options, Int32 iFirstSheet, Int32 iLastSheet) at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.Parse(BiffReader reader, ExcelParseOptions options) at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl..ctor(IApplication application, Object parent, String FileName, ExcelParseOptions options) at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.ApplicationImpl.CreateWorkbook(Object parent, String strTemplateFile) at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.WorkbooksCollection.Open(String Filename) at Syncfusion.XlsIO.ExcelUtils.CreateWorkBookUsingTemplate(String templateLocation) at test_xlsio.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\osc\test\xlsio.aspx.cs:line 35 ex.TargetSite CheckOffSetAndLength(int,int) ComPlusExceptionCode: -532459699

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 19, 2006 03:06 PM UTC

Hi Tobias, Sorry for the delay in getting you. I tried to reproduce the problem using a template file of 4MB size having Macros and other formats including locked cells but was unable to see problem. Could you please send the template file that produce this problem. Also, Could you please let me know how much memory it took to open, modify and save the file. You can also open a Direc-Trac incident so that the attachment remains confidential. BestRegards, Bharath

GA Ga April 19, 2006 06:43 PM UTC

Thank you for answering! I opened already a Direct-Trac: DirectTrac/user/details.aspx?id=24886 I was not able to upload the file, so I sent an email to ''support@syncfusion.com''. Hope to get help. Thank you Regards Tobias >Hi Tobias, > >Sorry for the delay in getting you. > >I tried to reproduce the problem using a template file of 4MB size having Macros and other formats including locked cells but was unable to see problem. > >Could you please send the template file that produce this problem. > >Also, Could you please let me know how much memory it took to open, modify and save the file. > >You can also open a Direc-Trac incident so that the attachment remains confidential. > >BestRegards, > >Bharath >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 19, 2006 09:49 PM UTC

Hi Tobias, I have updated the issue in Direc-Trac. Best regards, Bharath. >Thank you for answering! > >I opened already a Direct-Trac: DirectTrac/user/details.aspx?id=24886 > >I was not able to upload the file, so I sent an email to ''support@syncfusion.com''. > >Hope to get help. Thank you > >Regards Tobias > > >>Hi Tobias, >> >>Sorry for the delay in getting you. >> >>I tried to reproduce the problem using a template file of 4MB size having Macros and other formats including locked cells but was unable to see problem. >> >>Could you please send the template file that produce this problem. >> >>Also, Could you please let me know how much memory it took to open, modify and save the file. >> >>You can also open a Direc-Trac incident so that the attachment remains confidential. >> >>BestRegards, >> >>Bharath >>

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon