We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

FolderBrowser CellType

Is it possible to have a FolderBrowser CellType in a grid. I am using Syncfusion 2.0.5.1 Thanks, Shankar

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 18, 2006 04:12 AM UTC

Hi Shankar, You can have the FolderBroswer cell type in the grid by deriving the GridTextBoxCellModel and the GridTextBoxCellRenderer classes. Please refer to this KB article for more details. KB article : < a rel='nofollow' href="http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=347"> How to have a FolderBrowser CellType in a grid? Best regards, Madhan

KG kgpsan April 18, 2006 03:32 PM UTC

Thanks for the Link. I am currently using syncfusion 2.0.5.1 and visual studio 2003. I dont think the sample is for that. Thanks, Shankar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 19, 2006 09:40 AM UTC

Hi Shankar, Sorry for the inconvenience caused Here is a modified sample in .NET FrameWork 1.1 with Essential studio 2.0. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/FoldeCellType_a04fd8d7.zip Let me know if this helps. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products. Regards, Haneef

KG kgpsan April 19, 2006 03:24 PM UTC

Thanks.

KG kgpsan April 19, 2006 07:08 PM UTC

I have tried the sample which you have sent to me and it works, Thanks. I have another question in this regard, Assume that I select a folder path with the length of about 100+ characters, and this would certainly exceed the size of the grid in the sample. Is there any way in which I can show the path in a single line, without doing a wrap text / do a resizetofit. Is this possible? Thanks Edumba Sangar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 20, 2006 04:03 AM UTC

Hi Shankar, Could you try commenting this line in FolderBrowserCellRenderer''s OnButtonClicked Event.Here is a code snippet. // Resize the colwidths to fit the path.. //this.Grid.Model.ColWidths.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Col(colIndex),GridResizeToFitOptions.None); Let me know if you need any furhter assistance. Regards, Haneef

KG kgpsan April 25, 2006 06:48 PM UTC

Haneef, Still i have the same issue. Thanks, shankar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2006 05:52 AM UTC

Hi Shankar, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I couldn''t understand the query. The display seems to work fine for me. Can you send me some screenshots or movie clip of what you are seeing and what you expect it to behave? Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products. Best Regards, Haneef.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon