We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Summary Column with Minimum / Maximum DateTime

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

43111 Apr 14,2006 01:43 PM UTC Apr 17,2006 09:33 AM UTC WinForms 1
Tags: GridControl
Eric Robishaw
Asked On April 14, 2006 01:43 PM UTC

How do I add a summary row that shows the Minimum or Maximum DateTime for a given column? I''ve tried: GridSummaryColumnDescriptor summaryColumn1 = new GridSummaryColumnDescriptor("GallonsTotal", SummaryType.DoubleAggregate, "gallons", "{Sum:####.00}"); GridSummaryRowDescriptor summaryRow1 = new GridSummaryRowDescriptor(); summaryRow1.Name = "Caption"; summaryRow1.Visible = false; GridSummaryColumnDescriptor startColumn = new GridSummaryColumnDescriptor("startOf", SummaryType.Int32Aggregate, "dtreadingstart", "{Minimum:MM/dd/yy hh:mm tt}"); GridSummaryColumnDescriptor endColumn = new GridSummaryColumnDescriptor("endof", SummaryType.Int32Aggregate, "dtsampleendtime", "{Maximum:MM/dd/yy hh:mm tt}"); summaryRow1.SummaryColumns.Add(summaryColumn1); summaryRow1.SummaryColumns.Add(startColumn); summaryRow1.SummaryColumns.Add(endColumn); tableDescriptor.SummaryRows.Add(summaryRow1); if I only have the "gallons" column, above, it works as prescribed. However, with the Min and Max DateTime columns, it appears to lock up the grid. Do I need to use SummaryType.Custom? And if so, where do I find an example of its use?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 17, 2006 09:33 AM UTC

Hi ERobishaw, This can be achieved by using the custom summary field. Here is the sample which, shows a method of having Max and Min Date summary fields in the GridGroupingControl. Sample : Max_Min_Date_SummaryField KB article : CustomSummary [ \\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\CustomSummary ] Thanks for being patient. Best regards, Madhan

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;