We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Binding GridGroupingControl to xml

I had two questions concerning the gridgroupingcontrol: 1) Is it possible to just bind the control to a strongly typed dataset that is bound to an xml file instead of a database? If the answer is yes, could you give me some advice on handling events associated with using an xml as the datasource? I have successfully created and bound a dataset to a gridgroupingcontrol using xml as a source. I just cannot figure out how to handle events such as adding a new field or changing an existing one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Neil Conway

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2006 03:16 PM UTC

Neil, This KB tells you how to listen to the user changing existing rows or adding new rows: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=312 You are probably interested in "Option 2" in the KB above. The code in the KB uses the OleDbDataAdapter to save the changes. But, you probably will want to do it some other way, yourself, to save it into your source XML. Regards, -Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon