We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Conversion error

Hi, The attached file is VS.NET 2003 file and Syncfusion v2.0.5.1. I have added some static data to the grid cell in design time. Now I want to convert that to .NET 2005 and Syncfusion 4.1. I have changed the syncfusion reference to 4.1, It Builds without error. But try to run the application it throws an InvalidCastException "Unable to cast object of Type ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridData'' to type ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridData''." Is there any reference i missed out, or the syncfusion does not support backward compatibility for this? Also, kindly give the directions to convert the syncfusion v2.0 to v4.1 --Dhans

2003.zip

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2006 12:10 PM UTC

Hi Dhans, Try converting your resx file in the project folder to the latest version (4.1) using ConvertResx tool in the migration utility ConvertResx tool : Start -> All Program -> Syncfusion -> Essential Studio 4.1.0.62 -> Utilities -> Migration -> ConvertResx(FrameWork 2.0) and specify the Base version in the Migration tool as 4.102.0.62 or 4.102.0.50 ( if version using is 4.102.0.50 ) KB article : 1. How to convert the vs.net Application from Essentail Studio version 2.x to 4.x? 2. How to convert resx file Here is the updated resx file of the sample : 4.102.0.50, 4.102.0.62 Best regards, Madhan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2006 04:36 PM UTC

Hello Madhan, Thanks for quick response. It works fine if I use the resX file which you have converted. But it fails for the resx file which i have converted. I am attaching my converted ResX files. There is a difference between your ResX and i have converted one (Line no 140, aseembly name and version are different). Can you kindly let me know the steps to follow for this conversion Here are the steps i have followed: I tried to convert the ResX files of .net1.1 & sync2.0 to .NET2.0 & Syn4.1, for that I have used the tool Start->All Programs->Syncfusion ->Essential Studio 4.1.0.62->Utilities->Migration->ConverResX(Framework2.0) I ensured that base version was 4.102.0.62. and then clicked the "Start Converting Files" button

ResXConvert.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2006 05:03 PM UTC

Hello Madhan, Additional information. It builds the application with out a warning or error. But, Warning message when i try to open the form in Design view was, Warning 1 Type in the data at line 159, position 5, cannot be loaded because it threw the following exception during construction: Object must implement IConvertible. Line 159, position 5. 159 0 After this i tried to ReBuild the application then i got an error message was, Error 1 The "GenerateResource" task failed unexpectedly. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Type in the data at line 159, position 5, cannot be loaded because it threw the following exception during construction: Object must implement IConvertible. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Type in the data at line 159, position 5, cannot be loaded because it threw the following exception during construction: Object must implement IConvertible. Line 159, position 5. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Object must implement IConvertible. at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider) at System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterConverter.Convert(Object value, Type type) at System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo.GetValue(String name, Type type) at Syncfusion.Collections.SFTable..ctor(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRowCollection..ctor(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Build.Shared.ExceptionHandling.RethrowUnlessFileIO(Exception e) at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ProcessResourceFiles.ProcessFile(String inFile, String outFile) at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ProcessResourceFiles.Run(TaskLoggingHelper log, ITaskItem[] assemblyFilesList, ArrayList inputs, ArrayList outputs, Boolean sourcePath, String language, String namespacename, String filename, String classname, Boolean publicClass) at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.GenerateResource.Execute() at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteTask(ExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Hashtable projectItemsAvailableToTask, BuildPropertyGroup projectPropertiesAvailableToTask, Boolean& taskClassWasFound)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2006 04:19 AM UTC

Hi Dhans, We have come across a similar problem like this before, in our incident section. The recommended solution for this issue is to remove the older version ( 2.0.5.1 ) and check for any reference files in the GAC folder ( C:\WINDOWS\assembly ) for version 2.0.5.1 and delete them. Then update to the new version ( 4.1.0.62 ). Or please try these steps and see if it helps: - First change the reference in the project to 4.x files. - Then try converting using the Syncfusion .resx utility. Best regards, Madhan.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2006 02:43 PM UTC

Thanks Madhan. I have removed the older version of syncfusion, and it works fine now.

SD Steven Domingue May 23, 2006 08:56 PM UTC

I had a similar problem with 2.1.0.9 and 4.1.0.62. Uninstalling 2.1.0.9 fixed the problem.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon