We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

TabbedMid window

New to essential tools. While waiting for my order I downloaded the demo. The text enitor control is awesome! It looks to me that the tabbedMdi control still needs some work. First of all, the split feature in the latest demo doesn''t work very well. Secondly, I would like to see the support of "splitting panel by drag and drop of tab". Any plan of that feature in the upcoming new release?

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2006 07:39 AM UTC

Hi Qingjun, Thanks for your interest in Essential Tools. Could you please let us know which Essential Studio version you have downloaded? >>> Split feature in the latest demo doesn''''t work very well Do you have any problems while dragging the splitter? We have tested this issue in version 4.1.0.50 and v.4.1.0.64 and unable to see the problems with the splitter. >>> Splitting panel by drag and drop of tab Currrently, TabbedMDIManager Framework supports drag and drop tabs to create a new tabGroup.i.e., Click and drag and drop a tab, shows a popupmenu to create a new Horizontal or Vertical TabGroup. If a Horizontal or Vertical tabgroup is already there, you can drag and drop a tab from one tab group to another. If this is not the case, could you please provide us more information regarding your need?. Best Regards, Seetha

QW Qingjun Wei April 12, 2006 01:49 PM UTC

We''ve already submitted order for licence to our PC acquisition department. It will take a while to get it in such a big company. So I downloaded the demo version. The version I tested is 4.1.0.62. I noticed the "popupmenu to create a new Horizontal or Vertical TabGroup". However there''s always a big gap between two panels for the verticle group. Although the style mimics Visual Studio 2005, the behavior doesn''t. In VS2005 user can direct use drag and dock to the edges. That''s exactly the feature I wanted. I''m impressed with the support. You guys are very quick in response. I like to positive attitude of activly identifying and fixing bugs. >Hi Qingjun, > >Thanks for your interest in Essential Tools. Could you please let us know which Essential Studio version you have downloaded? > >>>> Split feature in the latest demo doesn''''t work very well > >Do you have any problems while dragging the splitter? We have tested this issue in version 4.1.0.50 and v.4.1.0.64 and unable to see the problems with the splitter. > >>>> Splitting panel by drag and drop of tab > >Currrently, TabbedMDIManager Framework supports drag and drop tabs to create a new tabGroup.i.e., Click and drag and drop a tab, shows a popupmenu to create a new Horizontal or Vertical TabGroup. If a Horizontal or Vertical tabgroup is already there, you can drag and drop a tab from one tab group to another. > >If this is not the case, could you please provide us more information regarding your need?. > >Best Regards, >Seetha >

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team April 12, 2006 03:08 PM UTC

Hi Qingjun, Thanks for the update. 1.The gap between the two panels when creating NewVerticalGroups is a known issue in v.4.1.0.62 which has been fixed in the later releases of v.4.1 (4.1.0.64 and later). You can see the status of this bug in the following link. Defect #1722 - Creating NewVerticalTabGroups displays the new MDITab off the screen 2. Regarding VS 2005 Tabs Feature, this is a very nice feature for TabbedMDI framework. I have created a feature request for your requirement. Also, we will add the drag provider as available in VS 2005 Docking for Syncfusion Mdi Tabs. You can track the status of this feature in the link below, Feature Request # 893 - Ability to create Vertical or Horizontal groups when drag and drop tabs to the form''s edges. Thanks for considering Essential Tools. Please let me know if you have any questions. Regards, Mano

QW Qingjun Wei April 14, 2006 03:58 PM UTC

Mano, Thanks for the information. The latest version I can download currently is 4.1.0.62. Where can I find 4.1.0.64? Thanks >Hi Qingjun, > >Thanks for the update. > >1.The gap between the two panels when creating NewVerticalGroups is a known issue in v.4.1.0.62 which has been fixed in the later releases of v.4.1 (4.1.0.64 and later). You can see the status of this bug in the following link. > >Defect #1722 - Creating NewVerticalTabGroups displays the new MDITab off the screen > >2. Regarding VS 2005 Tabs Feature, this is a very nice feature for TabbedMDI framework. I have created a feature request for your requirement. > >Also, we will add the drag provider as available in VS 2005 Docking for Syncfusion Mdi Tabs. You can track the status of this feature in the link below, > >Feature Request # 893 - Ability to create Vertical or Horizontal groups when drag and drop tabs to the form''s edges. > >Thanks for considering Essential Tools. Please let me know if you have any questions. > >Regards, >Mano

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team April 17, 2006 07:30 AM UTC

Hi Qingjun, The download link for v.4.1.0.64 is not available in the downloads page in our website. Please create a Direct-Trac incident mentioning this forum id in the subject line and I will update you with the patch details of v.4.1.0.64 build. https://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx?URL=/Support/DirectTrac/default.aspx Thanks, Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon