We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid Scroll Bars

Using the Grid Grouping control in ASP.Net, how can I display only the vertical scroll bar or the horizontal scroll bar, but not both? I am able to display both at the same time, but I don''t always need both. The samples show grids with only one scroll bar, but I haven''t been able to find the settings that control this behavior. Thanks.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 11, 2006 12:10 PM UTC

Hi Careed, This is the default behavior, where the scrollbar appears whenever the height and width of the grid is specified. To display only the Horizontal scrollbar, do not assign any value for the Grid''s height and similarly to display the Vertical scrollbar alone, do not assign any value to the Grid''s width. Best Regards, A.Sivakumar

CA careed April 11, 2006 05:13 PM UTC

By specifying a height for my grid grouping control and leaving the width blank, I have been able to make the grid display only a vertical scroll bar. How do I make the grid display only a horizontal scroll bar? If I specify a width for the grid grouping control and leave the height blank, both scroll bars are displayed. The vertical scroll bar only scrolls a small amount (approximately the height of the horizontal scroll bar control) regardless of the number of records in the grid. Thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2006 05:34 AM UTC

Hi Careed, Please have a look at our ScrollingandSizing/GridWidthAndSizing sample that ships with our Essential Grid install. Are you getting problem in this sample too?. As an alternative you can also check this sample in our live demo site http://www2.syncfusion.com/syncfusion/infrastructure/samplebrowserasp/samples.aspx?version=2_0 where this work as expected by specifying the width and/or size for the Grid in the text box provided. Regards, A.Sivakumar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon