We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Error opening XLS from Stream

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

42935 Apr 10,2006 05:35 PM Apr 13,2006 05:32 PM Windows Forms 4
Tags: XlsIO
Brian Richards
Asked On April 10, 2006 05:35 PM

I can''t seem to open the attached file from a stream I get an error "Can''t open storage on LockBytes."; The code I''m using looks like: Stream fileStream = File.OpenRead(fileName); XLS.ExcelUtils.ThrowNotSavedOnDestroy = false; fileStream.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin); XLS.IWorkbook excelBook = XLS.ExcelUtils.Open(fileStream); //error Any help would be appreciated thanks. My xls file is attached. I don''t have this problem with all excel files, I''m trying to figure out what''s special about this one.

Brian Richards
Replied On April 10, 2006 05:35 PM

XLS is attached. >I can''t seem to open the attached file from a stream I get an error "Can''t open storage on LockBytes."; > >The code I''m using looks like: > >Stream fileStream = File.OpenRead(fileName); >XLS.ExcelUtils.ThrowNotSavedOnDestroy = false; >fileStream.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin); >XLS.IWorkbook excelBook = XLS.ExcelUtils.Open(fileStream); //error > >Any help would be appreciated thanks. My xls file is attached. I don''t have this problem with all excel files, I''m trying to figure out what''s special about this one.

bguideOut.zip

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 11, 2006 03:35 AM

Hi Brian, Thaks for uploading the file. I was able to see the problem and have created a bug report with the development team [BugID:#1863]. We will fix this issue as soon as possible.We will inform you when this bug is fixed. Thanks, Bharath.

Brian Richards
Replied On April 11, 2006 08:43 AM

Thanks please do notify me. >Hi Brian, > >Thaks for uploading the file. I was able to see the problem and have created a bug report with the development team [BugID:#1863]. We will fix this issue as soon as possible.We will inform you when this bug is fixed. > >Thanks, > >Bharath.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 13, 2006 05:32 PM

Hi Brian, I am afraid we would not be able to add support for opening this file since its not a BIFF8 file. Essential XlsIO can only read an write BIFF8 files but this file is a BIFF2.1 file. You should be able to open the same file if you resave it using MS Excel into BIFF8 format. Sorry for the confusion. Best regards, Stephen. >Thanks please do notify me. > >>Hi Brian, >> >>Thaks for uploading the file. I was able to see the problem and have created a bug report with the development team [BugID:#1863]. We will fix this issue as soon as possible.We will inform you when this bug is fixed. >> >>Thanks, >> >>Bharath.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;