We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Find and highlight a record by Value/Key in GGC

Hi to all, does someone has a hint? I need to find and highlight a row in a databound gridgroupingcontrol. I''ve got the column-name and the value. What is the fastest way when the grid is filtered or grouped? Thanks in advance and always a good time Volker

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 10, 2006 04:43 AM UTC

Hi Volker, The fastest way to format a row depending on a column value is by using the GridConditionalFormatDescriptor. Please refer to this forum thread for more details. Regards, Calvin.

VO Volker April 10, 2006 12:34 PM UTC

Thanks Calvin, this solves another "problem" I''m working with (it''s not too easy to find your way through all these functions and properties and objects and and and). My task is: To find a Record (say OBJECTID=112) by searching in the underlying datasource, make the record the current record in the grid and scroll it in view (mark and ScrollInView() are solved), but I''m not too sure how to search for the requested record and to position the CurrentCell in the grid. Should I loop through all rows of the grid, the underlying datasource? Is there already somewhere a method to search in a GGC? It''s a beginners question I think. Btw.: Is there a Diagram (say as a pdf) of the ObjectClasses (hierarchical) and Interfaces? Thanks again and a nice day Volker

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 11, 2006 05:30 AM UTC

Hi Volker, The GridFindReplaceDialogSink can be used to find a record. This will be faster. Please refer to the attached sample. You can also loop through the this.gridGroupingControl.Table.Records and find a particular record. Have a look at this forum thread for more details. And about the Class Diagram for Essential Grid, we do not have one yet. We are working on it and will get it soon. Regards, Calvin.

42880.zip

VO Volker April 17, 2006 09:03 PM UTC

Hello Calvin, thanks for your kind support. I found out that it is much faster for my task to loop through the records, but your example opened my eyes on Record[i].SetCurrent(), and I never thought about a "GridFindReplaceDialogSink". Woah, a Diagram would be really helpful. Thanks again and kind Regards Volker

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon