We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Adding vertical scroll bar in cell

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

42878 Apr 8,2006 02:27 PM UTC Apr 10,2006 11:32 AM UTC WinForms 3
Tags: GridControl
wowrang
Asked On April 8, 2006 02:27 PM UTC

Hi, I want to add vertical scroll bar for particular cell (example: for description row pls see attached doc) and I also don’t want to resize the cell size more the two rows. I created one class that will create the grid at runtime depending upon the User Control which calls that class. some time the description field will be in second row and some time it will be in fifth row etc.. i want to add scroll bar for that discription field alone. I tried autosize, vscroll and wordwarp. When I use auto size it keep on increase the cell size. I want to restrict the cell resize for two to three rows, then I want to add v scroll bar. And also tried table style but it sets the style for whole table. i want this feature for particular cell, i don’t know which row will be description field will come. Can you help me in this regards. Advance Thanks. Sorry for poor English.

Grid5.zip

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 10, 2006 09:49 AM UTC

Hi Wowrang, Please refer to the attached sample which sets the vertical scroll bar to a particular cell by handling the PrepareViewStyleInfo event and checking the previous column value ("Description") and then by setting the style.VerticalScrollbar to true which shows a vertical scroll bar when the text is being edited and does not fit in cell. And the row height can be restricted while resizing, by handling the ResizingRows event. Let us know if you need any further assistance. Regards, Calvin.

42878.zip

Replied On April 10, 2006 11:31 AM UTC

Thanks Calvin.

Replied On April 10, 2006 11:32 AM UTC

Thanks alot Calvin.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;