We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Setting multiple tabs to specific positions on docking manager

I have a SDI form with the docking manager that resides on the left side of the form. I have two GrpBar docked to the docking manager. The problem I have is that when the program runs the two tabs will switch positions on the docking manager. How can make the position of the tabs fixed in relation to each other on the docking manager? Thank you for your help.

6 Replies

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team May 7, 2003 08:10 PM UTC

Hi Clifton, What version of Essential Tools are you using? I just tested with the latest public update (v 1.5.2.0) and the tab order appears to be preserved both when loading a new designer set state or between serialized instances. One thing you could look out for is that when setting up the layout within the designer, shifting tabs within a tabbed group by dragging the tabs around will not reserialize the dockstate. This is an issue on which we have a pending QA report. An easy workaround would be to just move one of the splitters around thus forcing a save after setting the correct tab order. If this does not take care of the situation, please let me know. Prakash Syncfusion

CJ Clifton Jones May 8, 2003 01:57 PM UTC

I've attached a project that contains a program that demonstrates the problem. When you run the program it opens a main window. If you press the button it opens a sub window that contains the docking manager and group bars. If you open and close this sub window several times every so often the order of the tabs on the left changes. We would like to know if there is a way to lock the order. Thanks

CJ Clifton Jones May 15, 2003 11:02 AM UTC

Any ideas as how to resolve this issue?

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team May 18, 2003 10:31 PM UTC

Hi Clifton, Thank you for sending over the sample. I was able to reproduce the condition and have filed a QA report. A workaround is not available at this time. But rest assured that we will do our best to fix the problem or atleast provide a workaround as soon as possible. Prakash Syncfusion

CJ Clifton Jones May 29, 2003 01:33 PM UTC

Any luck with a workaround? or is there an eta when this issue may be fixed? Thanks!

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team June 3, 2003 02:51 PM UTC

Hi Clifton, I am sorry, but a workaround is not available at the moment. QA issues are prioritized based on the nature and severity of the problem. Hence we cannot provide an accurate timeline on when this particular issue will be fixed. However, please be assured that we will do our best to accomodate you at the earliest possible. The QA ID of the incident is #112, and you may use this ID within our Bug-Tracker system to keep tabs on the issue status. Prakash Syncfusion, Inc

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon