We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Auto-resizing adjacent docked controls

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

42777 Apr 5,2006 03:07 PM Apr 7,2006 01:42 AM Windows Forms 2
Tags: Tools
Michael Lorenz
Asked On April 5, 2006 03:07 PM

My question is: is it possible to automatically resize adjacent docked controls, so that they always fill the client area? I have 3 adjacent controls that fill the docking area. Let''s say they all have width 100, for a total of 300. If I resize the leftmost control to width 50, I''d like the centre control to expand to 150, and for the rightmost control to remain at 100. In other words, only the two controls on either side of the resize bar are affected, and the total width they share (in this case, 200) does not change. Is there a way of doing this through docking settings alone, or do I have to handle events and handle the resizing myself? And if so, are there any kinds of controls for which this won''t work, e.g., user controls? Thanks, Michael Lorenz

Michael Lorenz
Replied On April 6, 2006 08:46 PM

I should add that I''m using .NET 2003 (runtime version 1.1.4322 SP1) with SyncFusion 3.301.0.0. I''m adding my UserControl-based objects to the SyncFusion DockingManager. Thanks, Michael

Joy K George [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 7, 2006 01:42 AM

Hi Michael , I am afraid.Using the current implementation of dockingmanager, we cant control the behaviour of splitters.But we already have a feature request regarding this.We will implement it as soon as possible.Here is the link to track progress of that feature implementation. Feature Request #842 - Ability to manage screen real estate Regards, Joy

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;