We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

dock manager problem

i had a problem with the docking manager when i updated from the version 3.2.0.0 to the version 4.1.0.62. the form that i used the docking manager is giving an exception at runtime and design time and the design is halting disallowing me to make any changes to the form. the exception that is raised is: "Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length Source : mscorlib Stack Trace : at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CaptionPainter.PaintCaption(Graphics gph, Pen pen)at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost.WndProc(Message& msg) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)" please help me, the form is very complex to be rebuilt thanks

1 Reply

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team April 7, 2006 09:37 AM UTC

Hi Ahmedhse, Sorry for the inconvenience caused.This exception will raise only when the Name property of docked controls is empty.So please ensure that the name property as well as DockLabel has been set for all the docked controls. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Regards, Joy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon