We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Cannot change the author workbook property

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

42761 Apr 5,2006 02:35 PM UTC May 23,2006 04:25 PM UTC WinForms 3
Tags: XlsIO
Elsa
Asked On April 5, 2006 02:35 PM UTC

Hi! I am using an Excel template to create another file. workbook = application.Workbooks.Open(templatePath); // Save the Excel workbook to the user''s file system before processing the nodes and the table of contents. workbook.Author = EnvironmentSettings.GetApplicationName(); workbook.SaveAs(fileName); I followed your example to change the Author property on the workbook. I check the value of this property while the application is running and it shows what I expect. When I open the workbook and view the properties (File, Properties), the value that I expect is not there. I''ll appreciate if somebody knows the solution to this.

Elsa
Replied On April 5, 2006 02:35 PM UTC

I''m using 4.1.0.62

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 6, 2006 01:20 AM UTC

Hi Elsa, This seems to be a bug when creating a spreadsheet based on another template http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/xlsio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1829 We will fix this as soon as possible. Thanks, Stephen. >Hi! I am using an Excel template to create another file. > > workbook = application.Workbooks.Open(templatePath); > > // Save the Excel workbook to the user''s file system before processing the nodes and the table of contents. > workbook.Author = EnvironmentSettings.GetApplicationName(); > workbook.SaveAs(fileName); > >I followed your example to change the Author property on the workbook. I check the value of this property while the application is running and it shows what I expect. When I open the workbook and view the properties (File, Properties), the value that I expect is not there. I''ll appreciate if somebody knows the solution to this.

Elsa
Replied On May 23, 2006 04:25 PM UTC

FYI--This was fixed in version 4.2.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

or the page will be automatically redirected to sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;