We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Difficulty editing a cell after EndEdit event

I am using a grid with the property Options.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior = GridCellActivateAction.DblClickOnCell set (in case this matters). This gives me the feel I want where a user clicks on a cell or moves to it using arrow keys, etc and can just type a new value to begin editing the cell. This works fine. I have added some code behind various buttons on my form to catch any cell edits that are partially completed when the button is clicked - this code is basically of the form: If Grid.CurrentCell.IsEditing Then Try Grid.CurrentCell.EndEdit() This also works fine. My problem is that after the above code runs to force an EndEdit event on the cell, if the user simply clicks on a cell they can''t just type to begin editing that cell. They have to double click or press F2 to put the cell into edit mode. Am I doing something wrong?

4 Replies

JN Jayakumar Natarajan Syncfusion Team April 4, 2006 04:21 PM UTC

Hi Bob, What version of the Grid are you using? I tried reproducing the similar behavior in this sample (ver. 4.1.0.50). Can you help us reproduce the issue in a sample? Thanks, Jay N

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 4, 2006 11:52 PM UTC

I''m using the same version 4.102.0.50 (also using VB instead of C# but I doubt that matters). I tried but couldn''t reproduce the problem by adding to your sample. Maybe my problem has something to do with the fact that when the button is pressed I basically have to use the EdnEdit to capture the updated value, store it in a database and then repopulate the grid with data, including resetting the number of rows & cols, the number of frozen rows & cols, etc?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 5, 2006 04:26 PM UTC

Hi Bob, Refer to the following VB sample demonstrates your issue. Please let us know if this helps or try modifying this sample accordingly to reproduce the issue here. Sample : CurrentCellBehaviour_GC Best regards, Madhan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 5, 2006 09:41 PM UTC

I tried using your sample and modifying to add the relevant code from my application, but was unable to reproduce the following. It''s a fairly minor issue for me, so unless you have any ideas I don''t think it''s worth spending anymore time on. Thanks for your help - sorry I couldn''t get you a reproducible case.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon