We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Example for Unicode Characters

Could you show me an example of how to call or enable unicode characters in VB.Net. I've seen it somewhere on the site, but can't seem to find it now. Thanks in advance. P.S. Your products, documentation, and site rock! Without a doubt the best suite available! I just finished my first ever application. 3 months ago I didn't know a thing about VB. Your documentation and samples went a long way in helping get started. Thanks SyncFusion

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 15, 2003 05:06 AM UTC

Hi Dom, Essential Edit enables Unicode by default, i.e., you can input/copy/paste Unicode characters directly without any special setting. However, for file serialization, since many different encoding formats exist, you may want to make the TextEncoding property of Essential Edit to be consistent with the Windows version you use, e.g., editControl1.TextEncoding = System.Text.ASCIIEncoding; will make Essential Edit read/write all the files in pure ASCII characters. By default, the TextEncoding for Essential Edit is set as System.Text.UTF8Encoding, which should be valid for common Unicode usages. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion. Syncfusion Technical Support > Could you show me an example of how to call or enable unicode characters in VB.Net. I've seen it somewhere on the site, but can't seem to find it now. Thanks in advance. > > P.S. Your products, documentation, and site rock! Without a doubt the best suite available! I just finished my first ever application. 3 months ago I didn't know a thing about VB. Your documentation and samples went a long way in helping get started. > Thanks SyncFusion

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon