We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Combo boxes with a foreign key

Hi I was wondering if anybody had encountered the following problem? I have a GridDataBoundGrid which has a column containing combo boxes. The combo boxes are populated via a DataView of another table. This works fine but when I attempt to sort the rows of the column by clicking the column header, the rows are sorted according to the MappingName (I think) rather than the String displayed in the combo itself. Has anybody encountered anything similar and know a solution? Dave

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 29, 2006 04:47 AM UTC

Hi Dave, Please refer to the DataBoundSortByDisplayMember sample in \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.50\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\DataBound\DataBoundSortByDisplayMember\ which implements a solution for sorting a column by its display member instead of the value member of the column. Let us know if you need any further assistance. Regards, Calvin.

PR Prethi April 21, 2006 06:48 AM UTC

is this possible in GGC?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 21, 2006 07:39 AM UTC

Hi Preethy, Yes, it is possible. Please refer to the below forum thread for more details. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=39048 Regards, Calvin.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon