We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GDBG : strenge problem

Hi, Experts I''m using two GDBG in a windows form. there are a dataset including two datatable and a relation between two datatables, one as parent datatable , the other as child datatable. All of databound operations does well, but when parent datatable is empty, I input a first character , the row becomes editmode , then press ESC key(RejectedChanges), the application goes dowm. There is StackOverflowException exception arised, this cause by the application call the NewRowFromBuilder infinited. Have you any idea to solve this problem?

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 29, 2006 05:31 AM UTC

Hi Ken, Sorry, I am not able to reproduce the issue. It works fine in the scenario that was mentioned. Can you please reproduce the issue in the attached sample and send it back so that we can get back soon with a solution, and also please mention the grid version that you are using. Regards, Calvin.

42413.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 29, 2006 06:44 AM UTC

Hi Ken, Sorry for the wrong sample. Please find the sample below. Thanks, Calvin.

42413A.zip

KL Ken Lee March 29, 2006 10:16 AM UTC

Hi, Calvin I post my sample to you, I''m using Syncfusion 4.102.0.50, development environment .Net 2005. When you key somthing in cell of parent grid, (DONT acceptchange) press ESC key , it may show StackOverflowException( for a while). Thanks your reply and tell me how to solve this problem, thanks in advance Ken

42413b.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 30, 2006 08:52 AM UTC

Hi Ken, Thanks for the sample. I can able to reproduce the issue here. I will discuss it with the development team and let you know about a work around to solve the issue. Thanks for your patience and the update. Best regards, Madhan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 30, 2006 09:21 AM UTC

Hi ken, Here is one way to avoid this exception. Please try this code snippet and let us know if this helps. private void gridDataBoundGrid1_CurrentCellRejectedChanges(object sender, EventArgs e) { this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.EndEdit(); } Best regards, Madhan

KL Ken Lee March 30, 2006 10:57 AM UTC

Hi, Calvin I think this way is NOT work, the situation is same.I guess you test this case ONLY input first two columns, you can try input through the third column, then press ESC key, the exception shown again. I try input first two columns then press ESC key, the problem can be solved, but not for all of cases. please let me konw again how to avoid this problem. thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 3, 2006 04:43 AM UTC

Hi Ken, Sorry for the late response. We have found a way to fix this defect. Please login in to our incident section to get a private patch for this issue. A work around for this problem is tricky. May be you could handle the CurrentCellRejectedChanges and then call the SuspendBinding, start a timer and later call the ResumeBinding. Refer to the sample for more details. Sample : WorkAround_StackOverFlowExcpetion Thanks for your patience. Best regards, Madhan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon