We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

What does "Input string was not in a correct format." mean?

I get the above message when calculateall gets to this cell.. =RIGHT($B19,LEN($B19)-FIND("-",$B19)) I''ve implemented Find which is returning the correct value.

4 Replies

BJ Brian J. Burnett March 28, 2006 10:28 AM UTC

Some more information. I get this error message "A first chance exception of type ''System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException'' occurred in Syncfusion.XlsIO.Base.dll" it occurs after Find has returned the correct value. Looks like it happens when Right() is being evaluated. >I get the above message when calculateall gets to this cell.. > >=RIGHT($B19,LEN($B19)-FIND("-",$B19)) > >I''ve implemented Find which is returning the correct value.

BJ Brian J. Burnett March 28, 2006 12:56 PM UTC

I worked out what''s wrong. Right wrongly assumes that the 2nd arguement is a number. If it is a reference to a cell or a formula then it fails. This is not Excel compliant. This is a pretty worrying bug. Can you give me some assurance that there are not other similar bugs in the other provided functions. >Some more information. > >I get this error message "A first chance exception of type ''System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException'' occurred in Syncfusion.XlsIO.Base.dll" > >it occurs after Find has returned the correct value. Looks like it happens when Right() is being evaluated. > > >>I get the above message when calculateall gets to this cell.. >> >>=RIGHT($B19,LEN($B19)-FIND("-",$B19)) >> >>I''ve implemented Find which is returning the correct value.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 28, 2006 02:28 PM UTC

Hi Brian, Please try this sample: Right_func.zip Best Regards, Jeba

BJ Brian J. Burnett March 28, 2006 05:48 PM UTC

I''m not sure about the relevence of your sample. What I''m looking at is a spreadsheet read in as a template which contains cells with formulas like the one I quoted above which give an error message after CalculateAdd has been executed. I''ve had a look at the source code for ComputeRight and there is no GetValueFromArg for arguement s2. I added this and it now works when the arguement is a number and a range which is what Excel does. My point is how many more of the build in functions contain this error? >Hi Brian, >Please try this sample: >Right_func.zip > >Best Regards, >Jeba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon