We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Funky Text Spacing

I''m using 3.2.1.0 and I''m seeing some weird text spacing issues. In the attached BMP, you can see that on the fourth line, the spacing between ''fa'' changes. This is rather strange. I don''t see how I can fix this. Has anyone else seen this? -Matt

FunkyText.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 29, 2006 04:35 AM UTC

Hi Matthew, The actual editors like the textbox and richtextbox rely on the win32 GDI drawing code to draw the editing text. But the static draw code uses the .NET GDI+ to draw the strings, hence the weird behavior. Try the below work around to see if that helps. this.gridControl1.DrawCellDisplayText += new GridDrawCellDisplayTextEventHandler(gridControl1_DrawCellDisplayText); private void gridControl1_DrawCellDisplayText(object sender, GridDrawCellDisplayTextEventArgs e) { Rectangle r = e.TextRectangle; r.Offset(2, 0); GridGdiPaint.Instance.DrawText(e.Graphics, e.DisplayText, r, e.Style); e.Cancel = true; } Regards, Calvin.

MS Matthew Schumaker March 29, 2006 02:46 PM UTC

I''m using a GridGroupingControl and It doesn''t seem to have that event

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 29, 2006 03:09 PM UTC

Hi Matthew, In the GridGroupingControl the DrawCellDisplayText event can be found under the gridGroupingControl1.TableControl. Below is a code snippet. this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.DrawCellDisplayText += new GridDrawCellDisplayTextEventHandler(TableControl_DrawCellDisplayText); Regards, Calvin.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon