We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Connection between Arc and ArcTool class

Hi, Can anybody let me know what is the link between Arc and Arctool classes. I am new to this. We have a Arc and corresponding ArcTool classes. What is the relation between these 2 classes for that matter any symbol class and its related tool class. Thanks in advance for answering! Regards, Rajesh

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 27, 2006 07:06 AM UTC

Hi Rajesh, Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion. An Arc class is used to draw Arcs programmatically by giving the required points like X,Y,Width,Height,StartAngle,SweepAngle.The order in which the points are given influences the way the bounding rectangle,the startAngle,the sweepAngle are calculated for an Arc. An ArcTool is an interactive Tool for drawing Arcs.This class inherits the Tool class which is the base class for all the user interface Tools. Kindly, refer the ContextMenus Sample( Diagram.Windows\Samples\Quick Start\ContextMenus\CS ) that features the implementation of the user interface Tools. I have created a Sample depicting the differences between the Arc and the ArcTool. Please let me know if this helps you. Regards, Praveena.

Arc_ArcTool.zip

RK Rajesh Kumar March 27, 2006 07:22 AM UTC

Hi Praveena, Thanks for the Reply. Can you tell me onething, Is there any Link between the Arc and Arc Tool, Because when register the MyArcTool (Assuming that i am derving from the ArcTool), I have to attach a method to the factory delegate which would draw the Arc. I am bit confused with these 2. Can you tell me whether any documentation i can refer to regarding API''s and other things. Regards, Rajesh > > Hi Rajesh, > > Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion. > > An Arc class is used to draw Arcs programmatically by giving the required points like X,Y,Width,Height,StartAngle,SweepAngle.The order in which the points are given influences the way the bounding rectangle,the startAngle,the sweepAngle are calculated for an Arc. > > An ArcTool is an interactive Tool for drawing Arcs.This class inherits the Tool class which is the base class for all the user interface Tools. > > Kindly, refer the ContextMenus Sample( Diagram.Windows\Samples\Quick Start\ContextMenus\CS ) that features the implementation of the user interface Tools. > > I have created a Sample depicting the differences between the Arc and the ArcTool. > > Please let me know if this helps you. > > Regards, > Praveena.

Arc_ArcTool.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 27, 2006 11:01 AM UTC

Hi Rajesh, Thanks for the update. The customised MyArcTool instance must be registered using the ShapeFactory delegate which in turn will call the DefaultFactory method that draws the Arc. If your intention is to create a Customised ArcTool, kindly refer the Sample that i have modified. Please refer the ArcTool.cs file ( Diagram.Windows\Src\Tools\ArcTool.cs ) that would help you to have an idea about this. Please let me know if this helps you. Regards, Praveena.

Arc_ArcTool0.zip

RK Rajesh Kumar March 28, 2006 04:29 AM UTC

Hi Praveena, Thanks for the reply. The sample code helped me a lot in understanding thanks once again. Regards, Rajesh >Hi Rajesh, > > Thanks for the update. > > The customised MyArcTool instance must be registered using the ShapeFactory delegate which in turn will call the DefaultFactory method that draws the Arc. > > If your intention is to create a Customised ArcTool, kindly refer the Sample that i have modified. > > Please refer the ArcTool.cs file ( Diagram.Windows\Src\Tools\ArcTool.cs ) that would help you to have an idea about this. > > Please let me know if this helps you. > > Regards, > Praveena. >

Arc_ArcTool0.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon