We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Language specific text

Hello, ... I´m really new to syncfusion controls and up to now by looking at the samples I´m very impressed by the functionality. Now I have to say that I´m german. Therefore I would like to change all the english text to appropriate german expressions. I have found this for the GroupDropAreaText but up to now I haven´t found the way to change the text elements "(All)" and "(Empty)" in the filter drop down list as well as the text below the GroupDropAre: "Default View: XX Items (Showing X to Y)" Is it possible to change the above mentioned elements in an easy way? Beside this I would like to change the fore color of the GroupDropAreaText. Can anyone tell me the property for changing the color --- preferable depending on the "group level" Thank you very much for any help.

22 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 27, 2006 07:11 PM UTC

Hi Karsten, We are glad that you like our controls! 1) Our upcoming patch (sometime next week) will support full string localization. You can then replace the default English strings like (All, Empty, Showing, etc.) to German strings using custom satellite assemblies. We will also provide detailed info on how to build the satellite assemblies. 2) Changing the fore color of the group drop area is also not supported right now. We will try to include a new property called GroupDropAreaCssClass where you can then specify the style for that area via custom css. Regards, -Praveen

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 28, 2006 09:46 PM UTC

Hi Praveen, ...thank you very much for answering my questions. Now I hopefully looking forward to your upcoming patch and of course I appreciate the way with satellite assemblies. I know the way to read text resources from satellite assemblies in ASP.NET applications and therefore I like this technique to localize ASP.Net applications. For anyone who is interested in more details should have a look here: http://www.asp.net/QuickStart/aspnet/doc/localization/localization.aspx Here you will find a good tutorial on this topic. For my second question regarding the fore color I was just wondering because in your web samples with the GridGrouping control the text color of the "GroupDropArea" is dark as opposite to my experience when I use the control in my own VS.Net environment. In my own samples the text color is white --- and therefore I searched around for the appropriate property but without success. Now I gladly read your announcement of the "GroupDropAreaCssClass". Looking forward to your upcoming patch... Regards Karsten >Hi Karsten, > >We are glad that you like our controls! > >1) Our upcoming patch (sometime next week) will support full string localization. You can then replace the default English strings like (All, Empty, Showing, etc.) to German strings using custom satellite assemblies. We will also provide detailed info on how to build the satellite assemblies. > >2) Changing the fore color of the group drop area is also not supported right now. We will try to include a new property called GroupDropAreaCssClass where you can then specify the style for that area via custom css. > >Regards, >-Praveen

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2006 05:58 PM UTC

Karsten, We now have a new build (4.1.1.2) with support for being able to use custom satellite assemblies with localizing strings. Please follow the steps outlined in the attachment to create a custom satellite assembly. I will be emailing you with info on how and where to download 4.1.1.2.

LocalizationSupportInSuite0.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2006 06:03 PM UTC

Karsten, There is a new style called GroupDropAreaCssClass in the grid (in 4.1.1.2) that you can use to specify custom styles for the group drop area. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

CL Christian Lützenkirchen April 19, 2006 01:09 PM UTC

Hi, I tried localization of Syncfusion.Tools but my application does not use this dll. What did I do wrong? 1. I removed all previous versions of Syncfusion Essential Studio an installed version 4.1.1.2 2. Then I created directory de-DEResources under ....\tools.Windows\Localization 3. I translated the files in NeutralResources into german and saved them into de-DEResources as Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.MdiWindowDialog.de-DE.resources ... 4. I added Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.BarCustomizationDialog.resources to BuildSatelliteAssembly.bat (Is this right?) 5. I executed BuildSatelliteAssembly.bat. Syncfusion.Tools.resources.dll was created (56KB). Looking at the versioninfo in explorer the language for this file is invariant and not german(Germany) (Is it right?) 6. I copied the dll into the de-DE subdirectory under my application. 7. I executed "sn –Vr Syncfusion.Tools.resources.dll" 8. In my application I added "Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("de-DE");". I tried this command as the first line in the constructor of my main form and before creating the main form The application still displays the english resources. What did I do wrong? Regards Christian

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team April 20, 2006 06:36 AM UTC

Hi Christian, You have done all the steps correctly. But before the 5th step, you have to correct the name of the dll as Syncfusion.Tools.Windows.resources.dll in the BuildSatelliteAssembly.bat file and continue with the 5th step. It will create the dll as Syncfusion.Tools.Windows.resources.dll. It should work fine as expected. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks, Vijay >Hi, > >I tried localization of Syncfusion.Tools but my application does not use this dll. What did I do wrong? > >1. I removed all previous versions of Syncfusion Essential Studio an installed version 4.1.1.2 >2. Then I created directory de-DEResources under ....\tools.Windows\Localization >3. I translated the files in NeutralResources into german and saved them into de-DEResources as Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.MdiWindowDialog.de-DE.resources ... >4. I added Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.BarCustomizationDialog.resources to BuildSatelliteAssembly.bat (Is this right?) >5. I executed BuildSatelliteAssembly.bat. Syncfusion.Tools.resources.dll was created (56KB). Looking at the versioninfo in explorer the language for this file is invariant and not german(Germany) (Is it right?) >6. I copied the dll into the de-DE subdirectory under my application. >7. I executed "sn –Vr Syncfusion.Tools.resources.dll" >8. In my application I added "Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("de-DE");". I tried this command as the first line in the constructor of my main form and before creating the main form > >The application still displays the english resources. What did I do wrong? > >Regards >Christian

CL Christian Lützenkirchen April 20, 2006 11:12 AM UTC

Hi Vijay, this was the solution. Thanks. But the Problem is, that I still detect a lot of english text that seems not to be in the resources: * Tooltip in Docking Windows "Window Position" * Tooltip in Docking Windows "Auto Hide" * Tooltip in Docking Windows "Close" * Menuitem in GroupBar "Show More Buttons" * Menuitem in GroupBar "Show Fewer Buttons" * Disabled Menuitem "Window List" in main menu of MDI-container. * Buttons "Active" and "Close" of MdiWindowDialog seem to overwrite the resourses, the title of this window is correct. I attach my dll and the resources to this post. Do you have a quick workaround or can this be fixed in next release? Regards, Christian

Syncfusion.Tools.Windows.resources.zip

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team April 20, 2006 02:56 PM UTC

Hi Christian, a) Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are currently working in this issue. We will make all these missing properties available in the Resource file itself in our next release. As a workaround, you can find the remaining localizable properties in the following location Tools.Windows: [Installed drive]:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\[current version]\Windows\Tools.Windows\Src\SR.txt Shared.Base :[Installed drive]:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\[current version]\Base\Shared.Base\Src\Localization\SR.txt * Tooltip in Docking Windows "Window Position" (Tools.windows) * Tooltip in Docking Windows "Auto Hide" (Tools.windows) * Tooltip in Docking Windows "Close" (Tools.windows) * Menuitem in GroupBar "Show More Buttons" (Shared.base) * Menuitem in GroupBar "Show Fewer Buttons"(Shared.base) * Disabled Menuitem "Window List" in main menu of MDI-container. (Tools.windows) You can manually add German equivalent values in the Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.SR.de-DE.resources file using ResEditor. Then you can build a dll by the batch file, copy it into the debug folder and run your application. It will show the all values in German culture. Note: Some controls like GroupBar, ButtonAdv, ColorPicker, etc are created under Shared.Base assembly. So you have to create a custom satellite assembly for Syncfusion.Shared.Base.resources.dll to effect the changes in different culture. b) Buttons "Active" and "Close" of MdiWindowDialog seem to overwrite the resourses, the title of this window is correct. I am able to see the problem and we will fix the issue as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have need further assistance. Thanks, Vijay

CL Christian Lützenkirchen April 20, 2006 07:03 PM UTC

Hi Vijay, I build a Syncfusion.Shared.Base.resources.dll but it does not seem to work. "Show More Buttons" is still displayed in english in my Group Bar. So I am waiting for the next release!!! Do you know, when the next version is released? Regards, Christian

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team April 24, 2006 03:50 PM UTC

Hi Christian, We will be releasing our next version on the first week of May. We will try to address all the localization issues and it will available in our next release. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Vijay

CL Christian Lützenkirchen June 3, 2006 02:56 PM UTC

Hi Vijay, I installed version 4.2.0.37 and this issue is still NOT fixed. Can you please open a bugreport and include this in your next service pack? I need a solution very urgent!!!!!!!!!!! Regards, Christian

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team June 6, 2006 05:16 AM UTC

Hi Christian, Sorry for the inconvenience. Complete Localization support issue has not been resolved yet. I have created a bug report regarding this issue in #2180 and you could track the status of the issue through the above link. We will try to address this issue as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have any questions. Regards, Vijay

CL Christian Lützenkirchen July 10, 2006 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Vijay, I included the Diagram classes in my project. It seems that there isn''t any localization support. Can you please include this in bug #2180? Do you know when the fix is released? Regards, Christian

PR Purusothaman R Syncfusion Team November 21, 2006 09:46 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

Sorry for this delay in getting back to you.

Localization is now fully supported by Syncfusion Essential Tools and Diagram Package. Version 4.4 is to be released soon.

But for now, you can get the Beta Candidate release from the below given link.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=51825

Thanks,
Purusothaman.R

CL Christian Lützenkirchen November 23, 2006 10:45 AM UTC

Hi Purusothaman,

I was happy that Issue 2180 is closed. I am waiting for localization for nearly half a year! So I downloaded Version 4.4 Beta an migrated my application.

I was shocked that there is no change in my application. Then I checked the resource files of Tools.Windows and Shared.Base and I found no difference to the previous version.

SO WHO THE HELL CLOSED THIS ISSUE AND SAYS YOU HAVE COMPLETE LOCALIZATION????????????????

HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT????????????????????

Slowly a become really mad about that...

Regards
Christian

PR Purusothaman R Syncfusion Team November 23, 2006 11:32 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

Essential Studio Tools(v.4.4.0.33 and above) provides complete localization support for XPMenus, GroupBar, DockingManager and ColorUIPicker along with Diagram Package. Changes were made in the Source and resources to make the Tools package 100% localizable.

Already a new package for Localization is added to the Samples. You can view the Localization Sample in the \\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.33\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\Localization Package\LocalizationDemo.

Kindly look in to the Sample and let me know whether the application is localized. It will be helpful for us to know, where you have issues on localization.

Note: While running the Demo, copy the "de-DE" folder to the Bin folder.

Thanks,
Purusothaman.R

CL Christian Lützenkirchen November 23, 2006 02:17 PM UTC

Hi Purusothaman,

I checked the LocalizationDemo and it runs fine. I analyzed the situation and found the following problems:

* The Version of Syncfusion.Shared.Base.resources.dll has to be 1.1.0.0 not 2.0.0.0 as described in LocalizationSupportInSuite.doc!
* It seams to me that Shared.Base\Src\Localization\SR.resource has to be renamed to Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Localization.SR.de-DE.resources as in the DLL provided with the LocalizationDemo Sample
* The file Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.SR.resources is out of date! It is not the same one as used to build the tools DLL in the Sample, for example the resource DockableMenuItemText is missing. You can check this with the tool ".NET Reflector" by Lutz Roeder. This is the cause for the english text in my application!!!

Can you please send me the correct versions for all satellite resource dlls (Shared, Diagrams ...) and the latest resource files?

Regards,
Christian

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 24, 2006 04:22 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

Our product assemblies will be bound to a specific version of their corresponding resource dlls, specified using the SatelliteContractVersionAttribute in AssemblyInfo.cs. The Custom satellite resource dlls that you might create should have this version. So you have to compile "Syncfusion.Tools.Windows.resources.dll" with Version 2.0.0.0 and "Syncfusion.Shared.Base.resources.dll" with 1.1.0.0.

I have attached the complete Tools resources along with the steps to create the custom resource DLL.

Please look at the resources and let me know whether you can make your application localizable.

Resources.zip

Thanks,
Purusothaman.R

PR Purusothaman R Syncfusion Team November 24, 2006 04:27 AM UTC

Hi Christian,

I have requested the Diagram Team to update you with the Diagram resources. The Diagram Team will send you the resources soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
Purusothaman.R

CL Christian Lützenkirchen November 24, 2006 08:13 AM UTC

Hi Purusothaman,

thank you for your update. Using SatelliteContractVersionAttribute is documented in your documentation, but it is not documented which Version, how to rename the SR.resource files and how to name the dll, you even ship old file versions. There are other libraries that have the same problem, for example Edit.Windows!
Localization seems to be an unloved child for syncfusion!
Can you please care a little more about localization and ship a FULL documentation?!? ... especial in the final version of 4.4?

Best Regards,
Christian

PR Purusothaman R Syncfusion Team November 24, 2006 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Christian,

The updated resources for the Tools.Windows will be available in the upcoming release.

The detailed procedure for Tools Localization is already presented in the "Overview" section of Tools Package in the Documentation. You can see that User Guide from "//Program Files/Syncfusion/ Essential Studio x / Documentation / View Document". I am sending the same document in .doc format.

Along with this, I am sending the general guidelines for naming the resources and assemblies of Shared.Base, Tools.Windows, Diagram.Windows and Edit.Windows along with the SatelliteContractVersionAttribute Version.

Hope this is what you needed actually.

Localization.zip

Thanks,
Purusothaman.R

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team November 24, 2006 07:48 PM UTC

Hi Christian,

My sincere apologizes for the delay in getting back to you. We have implemented the localization support for Essential Diagram in v.4.3.0.30 and our later releases. Please test this localization support in our latest release (v.4.4.0.46) and let me know if you have any problem in this version.

Thanks for your interest in Essential Diagram.

Thank you,
Nagaraj.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon