We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

A set of technical questions before buying Essential Studio.

A set of technical questions before buying Essential Studio. Hi all. I’m in the process of evaluating SyncFusion’s product against Dundas to choose the best fit for me. I have few technical issues and few general concerns and I’d appreciate any comments and insights that will help me do the right choice. 1. 3D graphs. I saw in the sample explorer, some 3D graphs which are actually 2D graphs with width/height. I look for a "real" 3D graph capability here I have 3 axes. Do you have this feature available? Plan to incorporate it soon? 2. Export to PDF. I guess this is possible with the essential PDF package, right? I would like to be able to export some kind of a predefined report with graphs inserted inside to a PDF file. Is this a trivial task? 3. Does essential charts have combo charts - the ability to plot two charts one by the other (or above the other) on the same chart area? I saw 20 open issues in the chart package, more then 600 in the tools package and more then 100 in the grid package, should I be concern regarding these numbers? Any first hand experience you have with SyncFusion support? Who are the main competitors of SyncFusion? I’m looking at Dundas too – but their solution is smaller and is comparable to only the chart package, do you of other “full” suite of libraries for windows forms? Thanks Amit

5 Replies

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team March 25, 2006 06:55 AM UTC

Hi Amit, Someone else will respond to the technical queries. I just wanted to mention that the open issues that you see online are the total set of issues over the life time of the product. They do not reflect currently open issues. There is a filter that you can set on the issues page to narrow it down to currently open issues. We take pride in the fact that we openly publish product issues. No other major component vendor does this at this time. We are a developer centric company and have no problems with acknowledging and fixing issues. Syncfusion components are widely used. We have thousands of happy customers. Several large companies have completely moved to our components. We offer the widest range of components on the .NET platform. Our products are field tested and supported well. You can see from our forums that we attempt to address all questions in a prompt manner. We also offer very simple license terms (no server deployment fees and no royalties). We look forward to working with you. Thank you for your interest in Essential Studio. Best regards, Daniel Syncfusion, Inc >A set of technical questions before buying Essential Studio. > >Hi all. > >I’m in the process of evaluating SyncFusion’s product against Dundas to choose the best fit for me. I have few technical issues and few general concerns and I’d appreciate any comments and insights that will help me do the right choice. > >1. 3D graphs. I saw in the sample explorer, some 3D graphs which are actually 2D graphs with width/height. I look for a "real" 3D graph capability here I have 3 axes. Do you have this feature available? Plan to incorporate it soon? >2. Export to PDF. I guess this is possible with the essential PDF package, right? I would like to be able to export some kind of a predefined report with graphs inserted inside to a PDF file. Is this a trivial task? >3. Does essential charts have combo charts - the ability to plot two charts one by the other (or above the other) on the same chart area? > >I saw 20 open issues in the chart package, more then 600 in the tools package and more then 100 in the grid package, should I be concern regarding these numbers? >Any first hand experience you have with SyncFusion support? >Who are the main competitors of SyncFusion? >I’m looking at Dundas too – but their solution is smaller and is comparable to only the chart package, do you of other “full” suite of libraries for windows forms? > >Thanks >Amit >

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team March 26, 2006 03:15 AM UTC

Hi Amit, Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion. We do not support Z axis values. However, we are looking into creating a chart like the one you had wanted by A) adjusting the width of each series rendered in a 3D chart B) custom drawing to draw labels I have attached my base sample here and we will update you again within the next few days with a revised sample showing labels along the Z axis. Thanks, Davis

ExportToPDF.zip

AW Amit Weisman March 27, 2006 03:22 PM UTC

Hi Daniel and David. Daniel, I stand corrected. You are right. The numbers I quoted are for open and close issues, and Syncfusion is the only vendor where I can get such a list (from the few I’m comparing). I guess it will take some time to shift this notion to an advantage. Regarding the technical issues: I attached a sample 3D graph as I would like to see it – I doubt if a small change in width (constant width?) can get this effect. Is there any other way (other then using Excel engine) to get “real” 3D graphs, that will work nicely with SyncFusion? What about the “combo” graphs ? Thanks for the replies. Amit

Syncfusion questions graph.zip

AW Amit Weisman May 19, 2006 02:06 PM UTC

Hi Davis , I was under the impresion that you sent me a more recent example , but I''m not sure and I can''t find it. Can you please update me with the latest on the 3D capabilities. Just as a reference , my "target" is a 3D "excel like" graph (I''ve attached an example). Thanks Amit

Doc4.zip

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team May 22, 2006 01:38 PM UTC

Hi Amit, Please check the modified sample and images attached here. With the latest release of Essential Studio it is possible to display the series name along the z-axis. ExportToPDF.zip Note: You can download the latest version 4.2.0.27 from the link below: http://www.syncfusion.com/Downloads/latestversion.aspx Please let me know if this helps. Regards, Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon