We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Ignorable expression for formula engine

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

42272 Mar 24,2006 12:41 AM UTC Mar 24,2006 02:59 PM UTC Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On March 24, 2006 12:41 AM UTC

I''m coding an app where I have to parse a formula and remove range references. You can see this in excel: (b1): "=A1*2" Remove the first column and excel will adjust the formula to be: "=#REF!*2". I need to do something similar. I need an expression that is a valid formula but that the formula engine will ignore when trying to resolve the range. Right now I''m quoting the ranges but that is not a real solution. Any ideas? ps: I know that you guys have support for adjusting references due to range insertions/deletions. I can''t use that approach and so I need something custom.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 24, 2006 02:59 PM UTC

Hi Alex, Please refer to this Evaluation Center Topic ( http://www.syncfusion.com/support/EvaluationCenter/viewsource.aspx?lang=csharp&id=872&zip_path=872_Named%20Ranges_src.zip ) which, explains how to implement Named range support. And let us know if this helps to solve the issue. Best regards, Madhan.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;