We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Call back & GridGrouping

Hello, i''ve a pb using syncfusion call back control. in fact i want to update a syncfusion grid grouping (new datasource and new relation) by using a call back control via a callBackcPanel. i did this update in the calabackpanelx_callbackpanelreferesh. the grid grouping is updated in the view but when we click on plus/minus button nothings happen. thanks for your answer

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 24, 2006 02:26 PM UTC

Hi gerome, Our Grid Grouping Control make full built in functionality to update their contents using Callback, so you no need to have the grid inside the callback panel for using the Callback functionalities.Can you please update us where you are trying to update the grid. >>"when we click on plus/minus button nothings happen." So you have problem with grouping functionalties of our grid alone? It would be great help if you can provide us with more details. Thanks, A.Sivakumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 24, 2006 04:00 PM UTC

Thanks you for your answer. In fact i want to use a button (using callback). when i click on the button. the content of the grid is changed. i''m trying to update the grid in the callbackPanel that intercept the javascript call of the button as in the "client event samples". thank you. >Hi gerome, > >Our Grid Grouping Control make full built in functionality to update their contents using Callback, so you no need to have the grid inside the callback panel for using the Callback functionalities.Can you please update us where you are trying to update the grid. > >>>"when we click on plus/minus button nothings happen." > > So you have problem with grouping functionalties of our grid alone? > >It would be great help if you can provide us with more details. > >Thanks, >A.Sivakumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 27, 2006 12:43 PM UTC

Hi gerome, The attached sample illustrates updating the grid by handling callbackpanelx_callbackpanelreferesh event on a button click(using Callback). Click here to download sample Hope this helps and Please let us know if you have any further queries. Thanks, A.Sivakumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 27, 2006 05:40 PM UTC

thanks again. in fact the GroupingGrid you give me in the sample have callback disabed. In fact my question, (the pb), is how we can save viewstate of the GridGrouping (implements also callback) that its datasource is changed during a callback event? thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 28, 2006 05:25 PM UTC

Gerome, We reviewed our support for "toggling data sources in GridGroupingControl" in callback and discovered a few problems. We however have fixes for it and we will be able to release a patch in the next couple of days (or early next week). With that patch you can toggle the data source as shown in the attached aspx/cs sample. Could you take a look at that pattern and let us know if that would work for you? (The code itself wouldn''t work until you get our patch). Regards, Praveen Ramesh

TogglingDataset.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 28, 2006 07:26 PM UTC

Thanks. Okay for the sample provided. i was trying the same things. Please let me know a this post when the patch will be reay to use. thanks for your help. Gerome

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2006 05:33 PM UTC

Gerome, As mentioned in my previous update, we now have a fix for the issue reported. Please contact our sales to get a new key and a link to the 4.1.1.2 version which includes the fix. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon