We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MultiColumnComboBox ToolTip

I am having a problem setting the tooltip for the cells within the dropdown grid used by the MultiColumnComboBox. I am doing the following: this.cmbValues.ListBox.Grid.PrepareViewStyleInfo += new GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventHandler(Grid_PrepareViewStyleInfo); private void Grid_PrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, GridPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e) { if (e.RowIndex > 0) e.Style.CellTipText = e.Style.FormattedText; } Note: I am using version 3.3 Thanks, Michael Sabin

5 Replies

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team March 23, 2006 02:11 PM UTC

Hi Michael, The code what you have used should work according to the internally placed Grid''s behaviour.Still when this is used with a MultiColumnComboBox,it does not seem to be working and we suspect that this is due to a behaviour with the popUp.I am still looking for more information regarding this and will get back to you soon. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Anu

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 27, 2006 10:24 PM UTC

Do you have any updates on this? I am having a problem where my data gets cut off whenever there is a space in the text (I.E. only the firs word will be displayed). It doesn''t seem like there is a way to resize the columns either.

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team March 28, 2006 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Michael, My apologies for the delay in response. Do you mean that the celltipText is not at all shown or are you mentioning something else?You have mentioned that data gets cut off whenever there is a space in the text.Do you mean celltiptext itself or text displayed inside a cell? Please clarify these so that we can proceed furthur. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Anu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 28, 2006 01:12 PM UTC

I don''t get any cell tool tip at all, and the text inside the cell gets cut off. I am including a screenshot of the behavior.

MultiComboBox.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 30, 2006 03:29 PM UTC

Hi Michael, Our apologies for the delay in response. You need to handle the Grid''s ActiveToolTip Event.Here is a code snippet. //Form''s Load Event. this.multiColumnComboBox1.ListBox.Grid.ActivateToolTip+=new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridActivateToolTipEventHandler(Grid_ActivateToolTip); private void Grid_ActivateToolTip(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridActivateToolTipEventArgs e) { this.multiColumnComboBox1.ListBox.Grid.CellToolTip.SetToolTip(this.multiColumnComboBox1.ListBox.Grid,"Cell Value : " + e.Style.Text ); this.multiColumnComboBox1.ListBox.Grid.CellToolTip.Active = true; this.multiColumnComboBox1.ListBox.Grid.CellToolTip.ShowAlways = true; e.Cancel = true; } Here is a sample for implementing it.. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/multicolumcomboboxTooltip_5b824fc9.zip Please let me know, if you need any further assistance. Regards, Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon