We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SplashControl, CustomSplashPanel

I wonder if I''m missing something. The examples you show of using a custom SplashPanel in a SplashControl all have an instance of the custom SplashPanel on the host form, and in all cases the custom panel is visible on the host form. Well, I don''t want the splash panel visible on the form. Now I haven''t tried this: but I imagine if I set the splashpanel invisible, it won''t show up on the splash control either, and if I set its .Location "off screen" it also wouldn''t show up on the splashcontrol. In my case, my main form has a single control which is set to Dock=Fill, so I suppose I can use SplashPanel.SendToBack() to hide it, but I wondering what your intent is in the general case where it is undireable to show the splashpanel on the hosting form.

6 Replies

RA ralph_lachance March 22, 2006 02:27 PM UTC

sorry, I seem to have posted this to the wrong forum, Can you move it to Winform.tools ?

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team March 23, 2006 01:45 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, Please follow these steps when you use a CustomSplashPanel within a splashControl. 1.] Drag and drop a splash control . 2.] Set the CustomSplashPanel property of splashcontrol to your splashpanel. this.splashControl1.UseCustomSplashPanel = true; this.splashControl1.CustomSplashPanel = this.splashPanel1; 3.] Depending upon the scenario where you need to display the Splash,you can add the below given code. this.splashControl1.ShowSplash (false); With the above mentioned steps,I hope your query of Splash displayed on the Host Form is answered. Please take a look at the sample attached and let us know if you need furthur assistance. Sample Thank you for choosing Syncfusion. Regards, Anu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 2, 2006 02:30 PM UTC

Thank you for answering. Please reread the original question... Your sample, just like all the samples I mentioned in my original post, includes a copy of the splash panel *on* the application form. Think about this: How often does an application include its splash form on its main frame. Making the splash form .Visible = false does work, of course, but...

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team April 4, 2006 02:03 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, It is dependent on TimerInterval that you set for Splash in your application. Thanks, Anu.

AS Andrew Skalkin October 4, 2006 07:05 PM UTC

I''m experiencing the same problem. We dynamically create instances of splash panels (we have something similar to Office Assistant in our application) and we have to do all kind of tricks to display splash panels.

Wouldn''t it be better if SplashPanel was a subclass of UserControl? That would allow designing it.

If it''s not possible, can there be some kind of a static method

public static void ShowSplash(Control c, SplashOptions options)

that would show the given control on a splash form?

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team October 5, 2006 05:42 PM UTC

Hi Andrew,

If Visibility of the splash on the form is a problem,I would recommend to go for SplashControl component which is not visible at run time and you can use ShowSplash method.If do not want to use a CustomSplashPanel,you can use the default splash itself and this.splashControl1.SplashControlPanel property inorder to access this splash and set the properties as you need.

Please let me know if you have any queries regarding this.

Thanks,

Anu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon