We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

jpg transparent background

Hi everyone Anyone know how to make the pdf tool render an image with a transparent baground(alpha channel). Everytime I try the background comes out white?

11 Replies

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team March 22, 2006 05:24 AM UTC

Hi Mark, Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. We do have support for drawing transparent images. IPDFTransparency interface is used for this purpose. It contains property for setting transparency level of drawing images. It also contains several members for setting the transparency-rendering mode. Here is a code snippet for setting transparency: props.Transparency = pdfDoc.CreateTransparency( 77, BlendMode.Overlay); And Here is a sample for you to refer. Please let if you have any questions. Thanks. Ajish. >Hi everyone >Anyone know how to make the pdf tool render an image with a transparent baground(alpha channel). Everytime I try the background comes out white?

MH Mark Hargreaves March 22, 2006 06:51 AM UTC

Hi Ajish Thank you for getting back to me. I have included two Lo Resolution jpgs of PDF''s created by the syncfusion pdf tool and Adobe InDesign. If you look at the jpg of the boy, the background should be invisible. The syncfusion pdf tool does not interoperate the alpha channel of the jpg and renders a white background. Am I doing something that is incorrect? >Hi Mark, > >Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF. We do have support for drawing transparent images. IPDFTransparency interface is used for this purpose. It contains property for setting transparency level of drawing images. It also contains several members for setting the transparency-rendering mode. >Here is a code snippet for setting transparency: > >props.Transparency = pdfDoc.CreateTransparency( 77, BlendMode.Overlay); > >And Here is a sample for you to refer. Please let if you have any questions. > >Thanks. >Ajish. > > > >>Hi everyone >>Anyone know how to make the pdf tool render an image with a transparent baground(alpha channel). Everytime I try the background comes out white?

Images4.zip

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team March 22, 2006 10:23 AM UTC

Hi Mark, I went through the images that you send to me. The problem was only due to the transparent Blend mode selection. Use the following peace of code to set transparency. props.Transparency = pdfDoc.CreateTransparency( 77, BlendMode.Darken); Here is a modified sample with transparency settings same as the mode in Adobe Indesign. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Ajish.

MH Mark Hargreaves March 23, 2006 07:21 AM UTC

Thanks Ajish I have tried this and it does look better but it does not work for images with light colours on a dark back ground. Also my PDF to JPG converter from 3-Heights does not respond to any of you blend modes and gives a white background, but it works fine with a pdf from InDesign containing a jpg with an alpha channel transparency. Could you tell me if there is a problem for the syncfusion pdf tool and alpha transparencies, and if 2.0 framework will help my situation. >Hi Mark, > >I went through the images that you send to me. The problem was only due to the transparent Blend mode selection. Use the following peace of code to set transparency. > > >props.Transparency = pdfDoc.CreateTransparency( 77, BlendMode.Darken); > > >Here is a modified sample with transparency settings same as the mode in Adobe Indesign. Please let me know if you have any other questions. > >Thanks, >Ajish. >

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team March 23, 2006 09:00 AM UTC

Hi Mark, Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you send me the pdf file generated using Adobe In design and Essential PDF so that I can investigate further on this issue. Thanks, Ajish. >Thanks Ajish >I have tried this and it does look better but it does not work for images with light colours on a dark back ground. Also my PDF to JPG converter from 3-Heights does not respond to any of you blend modes and gives a white background, but it works fine with a pdf from InDesign containing a jpg with an alpha channel transparency. >Could you tell me if there is a problem for the syncfusion pdf tool and alpha transparencies, and if 2.0 framework will help my situation. > > >>Hi Mark, >> >>I went through the images that you send to me. The problem was only due to the transparent Blend mode selection. Use the following peace of code to set transparency. >> >> >>props.Transparency = pdfDoc.CreateTransparency( 77, BlendMode.Darken); >> >> >>Here is a modified sample with transparency settings same as the mode in Adobe Indesign. Please let me know if you have any other questions. >> >>Thanks, >>Ajish. >>

MH Mark Hargreaves March 23, 2006 12:09 PM UTC

Hi Ajish here are the pdf files, one created direct from syncfusion pdf tool and the other from our Indesign plugin >Hi Mark, > >Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you send me the pdf file generated using Adobe In design and Essential PDF so that I can investigate further on this issue. > >Thanks, >Ajish. > > > >>Thanks Ajish >>I have tried this and it does look better but it does not work for images with light colours on a dark back ground. Also my PDF to JPG converter from 3-Heights does not respond to any of you blend modes and gives a white background, but it works fine with a pdf from InDesign containing a jpg with an alpha channel transparency. >>Could you tell me if there is a problem for the syncfusion pdf tool and alpha transparencies, and if 2.0 framework will help my situation. >> >> >>>Hi Mark, >>> >>>I went through the images that you send to me. The problem was only due to the transparent Blend mode selection. Use the following peace of code to set transparency. >>> >>> >>>props.Transparency = pdfDoc.CreateTransparency( 77, BlendMode.Darken); >>> >>> >>>Here is a modified sample with transparency settings same as the mode in Adobe Indesign. Please let me know if you have any other questions. >>> >>>Thanks, >>>Ajish. >>>

Syncfusion6.zip

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team March 23, 2006 12:54 PM UTC

Hi Mark, I tested this issue using the modified sample that I have send before here is the pdf generated using the above sample. Could you please let me know of any differences in your pdf generation from the above sample,am I missing something. Also, would it be possible to provide a sample to demonstrate the problem. We will try to get it resolved as soon as possible. Regards, Ajish. Sample.jpg

MH Mark Hargreaves March 23, 2006 03:27 PM UTC

Hi Ajish The transparency mode seems to be a general feature and does not appear be utilising the transparent alpha channel. Antonys top should be white not the colour underneath. Could you confirm that a transparent layer in a jpg image is utilised effectively by the syncfision pdf tool. Sorry to mention this point again and again but it is the transparent layer embedded within the jpg I am interested in using. Thank you for your patience Ajish.

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team March 23, 2006 04:10 PM UTC

Hi Mark, I was able to see the problem. I will consult the development team regarding this issue for their thoughts on this issue and will update you when I hear back. Regards, Ajish. >Hi Ajish >The transparency mode seems to be a general feature and does not appear be utilising the transparent alpha channel. Antonys top should be white not the colour underneath. Could you confirm that a transparent layer in a jpg image is utilised effectively by the syncfision pdf tool. Sorry to mention this point again and again but it is the transparent layer embedded within the jpg I am interested in using. Thank you for your patience Ajish. >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 5, 2006 07:57 AM UTC

Hi Ajish Is there any feedback on the transparcy layer within a jpg? as it stands any white transparency layer comes out an off white colour > >Hi Mark, > >I was able to see the problem. I will consult the development team regarding this issue for their thoughts on this issue and will update you when I hear back. > >Regards, >Ajish. > > > >>Hi Ajish >>The transparency mode seems to be a general feature and does not appear be utilising the transparent alpha channel. Antonys top should be white not the colour underneath. Could you confirm that a transparent layer in a jpg image is utilised effectively by the syncfision pdf tool. Sorry to mention this point again and again but it is the transparent layer embedded within the jpg I am interested in using. Thank you for your patience Ajish. >>

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team May 5, 2006 02:44 PM UTC

Hi Mark, I have logged a feature request. You can track the status of this issue here. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/pdf/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=934 We will try to implement it as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks, Ajish.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon