We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MultiColumnCombobox: searching or a Value

Hi! I have a MultiColumnCombobox (MCCB) and bound a DataTable to it. I set the DataMember and the ValueMember. After the form is loaded, I have to set the MCCB to the initial value: mccb.SelectedValue = 12 (12 is a Persons ID). If the value 12 is not within the MCCBc value (maybe the person has been deleted), the SelectedIndex is switched to 0. But that''s wrong. So how can I check, if the initial value can be found in the MCCBs values? Greetings Falk

3 Replies

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team March 22, 2006 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Falk, I could see that If the value 12 is not within the MCCBc value,then field goes blank and no value is displayed that time.I am sorry,I could not reproduce the part that says "the SelectedIndex is switched to 0".Also,could you make it clear what exactly you would like to display if the value is already removed from list? I have attached a sample that shows a comparison between .net ComboBox and our MultiColumnComboBox.I have done this with our latest version 4.1.Please let me know if you are able to reproduce your issue with this sample If so, it would be appreciable if you can modify this and send it back for furthur investigation. Sample Thank you for choosing Syncfusion. Regards, Anu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 28, 2006 04:59 PM UTC

Hi! Sorry for my late answer! The problem is, that the MCCB is within a usercontrol. I set the SelectedValue within the constructor (or maybe in ''OnLoad'' - the behavior is the same). have a look at the sample I attached - maybe you can find a good solution. Regards Falk

WindowsApplication125.zip

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team March 29, 2006 06:36 AM UTC

Hi Falk, Have you tried setting the default value to be selected using Selected index of MulticolumnComboBox in the constructor? Thanks, Anu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon