We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Convert from Word to PDF - Critical business impact

Hi, ISSUE: ====== Want to convert a Microsoft Word document to PDF. DETAILS: ======== We are able to setup all properties and formatting at the page, section and paragraph level. PROBLEM ANALYSIS: ================= The Word document has a columnar layout based on sections. When we want to create columns in PDF sections, the exception created is that - "functionality is not supported". Seems comprehensive assuming, the API does not have it implemented although without columns the conversion happens successfully. We have already bought Essential PDF API package. Further, we wish to buy the Essential DOCIO and Essential DLS package immediately. Just for the column functionality our entire business logic fails. Please suggest a solution/approach as soon as possible. WE NEED HELP !!! We are using the Syncfusion.DLS, Syncfusion.DOCIO.DLS, Syncfusion.PDF.DLS namespaces. Thanks and Regards, William Samson Daniel

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 21, 2006 03:30 PM UTC

Hi William, Thanks for your feedback on this issue. Yes, this is a known limitation of the preview version of DOC to PDF that ships with version 4.1 of essential studio. However we are already working on this issue and expect to have a version of DOC to PDF that supports Multi column documents in the next couple of days. Please note that Essential DocIO and the DLS object model of Essential PDF are still in their pre-release stages but we would like to work with you to and try our best to meet all your requirements converting DOC files to PDF. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi, > >ISSUE: >====== >Want to convert a Microsoft Word document to PDF. > >DETAILS: >======== >We are able to setup all properties and formatting at the page, section and paragraph level. > >PROBLEM ANALYSIS: >================= >The Word document has a columnar layout based on sections. When we want to create columns in PDF sections, the exception created is that - "functionality is not supported". > >Seems comprehensive assuming, the API does not have it implemented although without columns the conversion happens successfully. > >We have already bought Essential PDF API package. Further, we wish to buy the Essential DOCIO and Essential DLS package immediately. > >Just for the column functionality our entire business logic fails. Please suggest a solution/approach as soon as possible. > >WE NEED HELP !!! > >We are using the Syncfusion.DLS, Syncfusion.DOCIO.DLS, Syncfusion.PDF.DLS namespaces. > >Thanks and Regards, >William Samson Daniel >

WD William Daniel March 22, 2006 02:31 AM UTC

Hi Stephen, Thank you so much for this. I am a Technical Architect on .NET. I wish to have the beta package with multi-column support in the next couple of days. Please confirm this package for me. Even if there are bugs, it does not really matter. I can get it working with alternates. Thanks and Regards, Daniel >Hi, > >ISSUE: >====== >Want to convert a Microsoft Word document to PDF. > >DETAILS: >======== >We are able to setup all properties and formatting at the page, section and paragraph level. > >PROBLEM ANALYSIS: >================= >The Word document has a columnar layout based on sections. When we want to create columns in PDF sections, the exception created is that - "functionality is not supported". > >Seems comprehensive assuming, the API does not have it implemented although without columns the conversion happens successfully. > >We have already bought Essential PDF API package. Further, we wish to buy the Essential DOCIO and Essential DLS package immediately. > >Just for the column functionality our entire business logic fails. Please suggest a solution/approach as soon as possible. > >WE NEED HELP !!! > >We are using the Syncfusion.DLS, Syncfusion.DOCIO.DLS, Syncfusion.PDF.DLS namespaces. > >Thanks and Regards, >William Samson Daniel >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 27, 2006 08:45 AM UTC

Hi William, Here are the latest assemblies which support converting multi column MS Word documents to PDF DocIO_Sample.zip The above attachment has all the required assemblies. Please let me know of any specific shortcomings that are imporant to meet your requirements and we will try to address them as soon as possible. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi Stephen, > >Thank you so much for this. I am a Technical Architect on .NET. I wish to have the beta package with multi-column support in the next couple of days. > >Please confirm this package for me. Even if there are bugs, it does not really matter. I can get it working with alternates. > >Thanks and Regards, >Daniel > >>Hi, >> >>ISSUE: >>====== >>Want to convert a Microsoft Word document to PDF. >> >>DETAILS: >>======== >>We are able to setup all properties and formatting at the page, section and paragraph level. >> >>PROBLEM ANALYSIS: >>================= >>The Word document has a columnar layout based on sections. When we want to create columns in PDF sections, the exception created is that - "functionality is not supported". >> >>Seems comprehensive assuming, the API does not have it implemented although without columns the conversion happens successfully. >> >>We have already bought Essential PDF API package. Further, we wish to buy the Essential DOCIO and Essential DLS package immediately. >> >>Just for the column functionality our entire business logic fails. Please suggest a solution/approach as soon as possible. >> >>WE NEED HELP !!! >> >>We are using the Syncfusion.DLS, Syncfusion.DOCIO.DLS, Syncfusion.PDF.DLS namespaces. >> >>Thanks and Regards, >>William Samson Daniel >>

WD William Daniel April 5, 2006 02:10 AM UTC

Hi Stephen, Thank you so much for your initiatives and assistance. Regards, William >Hi William, > >Here are the latest assemblies which support converting multi column MS Word documents to PDF > >DocIO_Sample.zip > >The above attachment has all the required assemblies. > >Please let me know of any specific shortcomings that are imporant to meet your requirements and we will try to address them as soon as possible. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>Hi Stephen, >> >>Thank you so much for this. I am a Technical Architect on .NET. I wish to have the beta package with multi-column support in the next couple of days. >> >>Please confirm this package for me. Even if there are bugs, it does not really matter. I can get it working with alternates. >> >>Thanks and Regards, >>Daniel >> >>>Hi, >>> >>>ISSUE: >>>====== >>>Want to convert a Microsoft Word document to PDF. >>> >>>DETAILS: >>>======== >>>We are able to setup all properties and formatting at the page, section and paragraph level. >>> >>>PROBLEM ANALYSIS: >>>================= >>>The Word document has a columnar layout based on sections. When we want to create columns in PDF sections, the exception created is that - "functionality is not supported". >>> >>>Seems comprehensive assuming, the API does not have it implemented although without columns the conversion happens successfully. >>> >>>We have already bought Essential PDF API package. Further, we wish to buy the Essential DOCIO and Essential DLS package immediately. >>> >>>Just for the column functionality our entire business logic fails. Please suggest a solution/approach as soon as possible. >>> >>>WE NEED HELP !!! >>> >>>We are using the Syncfusion.DLS, Syncfusion.DOCIO.DLS, Syncfusion.PDF.DLS namespaces. >>> >>>Thanks and Regards, >>>William Samson Daniel >>>

WD William Daniel April 10, 2006 04:33 AM UTC

Hi Stephen, The sample that you have provided does not convert a multi-columnar Word document to PDF. Please help !!! Thanks and Regards, William >Hi William, > >Here are the latest assemblies which support converting multi column MS Word documents to PDF > >DocIO_Sample.zip > >The above attachment has all the required assemblies. > >Please let me know of any specific shortcomings that are imporant to meet your requirements and we will try to address them as soon as possible. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>Hi Stephen, >> >>Thank you so much for this. I am a Technical Architect on .NET. I wish to have the beta package with multi-column support in the next couple of days. >> >>Please confirm this package for me. Even if there are bugs, it does not really matter. I can get it working with alternates. >> >>Thanks and Regards, >>Daniel >> >>>Hi, >>> >>>ISSUE: >>>====== >>>Want to convert a Microsoft Word document to PDF. >>> >>>DETAILS: >>>======== >>>We are able to setup all properties and formatting at the page, section and paragraph level. >>> >>>PROBLEM ANALYSIS: >>>================= >>>The Word document has a columnar layout based on sections. When we want to create columns in PDF sections, the exception created is that - "functionality is not supported". >>> >>>Seems comprehensive assuming, the API does not have it implemented although without columns the conversion happens successfully. >>> >>>We have already bought Essential PDF API package. Further, we wish to buy the Essential DOCIO and Essential DLS package immediately. >>> >>>Just for the column functionality our entire business logic fails. Please suggest a solution/approach as soon as possible. >>> >>>WE NEED HELP !!! >>> >>>We are using the Syncfusion.DLS, Syncfusion.DOCIO.DLS, Syncfusion.PDF.DLS namespaces. >>> >>>Thanks and Regards, >>>William Samson Daniel >>>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 10, 2006 09:50 AM UTC

Hi William, I am afraid; the sample converts a multi column Word Document to PDF. Could you please do the following steps in order to run sample? 1. Remove the old versions of assemblies from both GAC ([Installed Drive]:\WINDOWS\assembly) and public assemblies folder 2. Copy the latest assemblies which are attached with the sample to public assemblies folder. [ Installed Drive ]:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies 3. Install the assemblies from public assemblies into the GAC [ By drag and drop to assemblies folder ]. 4. Run the attached sample. I hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any questions. Here is the sample Link for your reference : DocIO_Sample.zip Thanks, Prabhu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon