We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Diagram/View/Printer size relation

Hello I had hard time to understand how all these sizes relate each other. For example, i tried to set the view to 210*297 millimeter (which is the A4 format), but it don''t see how to set it in my code. Is it in the view ? When i tried on th view the document was magnified. Also when i change the paper format on the printer dialog box, it does not reflect on the view. For instance, setting the format to Landscape has no effect on the document. Also for any reason there are always 2 pages to print althought i set the format to what previously said (210*297). How do i make all these work together ? How can i access a specific page ? Last, but not least, i would like to print 2 views on one page (to fold the page).Any idea how to achieve that ? Thanks for your help. John

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 21, 2006 11:39 PM UTC

I''m very disapointed from Syncfusion... Where are those days where Clay Burch was answering immediatly to our questions.... We can die waiting... Anyway here is a bug: When you add a Text node and apply a rotation, then resizing the node makes it growing and growing... John

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 22, 2006 02:30 PM UTC

Hello John, My apologies for the delay in responding. 1. I was able to reproduce the issue and will log QA report on this. We will try to fix this issue as soon aspossible. 2. While changing the page''s properties, the diagram view itself will not change.But certain things like the page boundary lines that are drawn on the view will change to reflect page setup changes. Also the diagram''s model/view are never rendered to depict page settings, page sizes are taken into account only for drawing the page boundary regions, and for printing/printpreview tasks such as header/footers, borders, layout etc. 3. Printing/printpreview use the size of the model to determine the number of pages to print, and it does not matter whether you have any nodes on the diagram or not. So printing/preview will try to paginate the model to fit the sheet with the specified margin, and display the required number of pages. Please let us know if you any further queries in the above mentioned informations We will be glad to assist you. I am looking into the other issues that you have mentioned here and will update you at the earliest. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Meera.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 22, 2006 05:20 PM UTC

Meera Thanks for your response. I dig a lot in the source code and found other bugs. I''ll try to post them soon. Relating to my question, why are they always 4 pages to print ? I don''t understand how i can control that. And also,if i want to have 2 pages how do i control that ? Also, i don''t see the boundary lines ? thanks John

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 23, 2006 10:59 AM UTC

Hello John, As I have mentioned in the previous update, during the print operation,the diagram model is paginated to fit to the sheet with the specified margin, and display the required number of pages. Hence adjusting the diagram model''s height/width property and providing the desired value to it will let you to control the number of pages to be printed. I hope this helps. Thank You for your continued support to Syncfusion. Regards, Meera.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 23, 2006 11:39 AM UTC

Meera Perhaps, i have not been clear on my question. Let me detail my goal: I want to have a Wysiswig. So for an A4 paper (8.5*11 inch), why when i print i have 4 pages and not one ? Thanks John

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 23, 2006 11:46 AM UTC

Also *Why i can''t change the View Size ? *If i change the Model Size to 210*297 millimeters (and chaning the Model.MeasurementUnits to millimeters of course), the page seems to be zoomed and the shapes drawn are enormous. *I would like to display only a half page, how can i do that? Jonathan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 11, 2006 10:25 AM UTC

Hi John, My apologies for the delay in responding. As per the update in the incident # 25272 the number of pages used for printing can be controlled by updating the Height/Width of the Diagram Model.The Essential Diagram printing implementation uses the size of the Diagram Model and the printer page setting for calculating the number of pages to be rendered while printing.The cause for this issue is that ,if the Model bounds are larger, the diagram control will attempt to paginate and print the entire model. You can avoid this condition by calculating the occupied bounds of the Diagram Model by taking into account the bounds of each node, and temporarily setting the Model Bounds property to be equal to this node bounds before invoking the print call.Try to set the height of the Model greater than the page height and so the diagram gets printed in 2 pages. Please, refer and replace your code block with this wherein I have made small changes to get the Symbols printed in 2 pages., // The desired page size is 21 x 29.7 centimeters and the margins are of size 1 inch or 25 mm. int h = 260; int w = 260; float pH = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Measurements.Convert(GraphicsUnit.Millimeter, GraphicsUnit.Pixel,(2970 - (h*2))/10); float pW = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Measurements.Convert(GraphicsUnit.Millimeter, GraphicsUnit.Pixel,(2100 - (w*2))/10); // Set the Model height to twice the page height and the Model width to page width diagram1.Model.Height = pH*2; diagram1.Model.Width = pW; I hope this information will help you.Please let me know if you have any further queries regarding this. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Praveena.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon