We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ComboBoxBarItem disappears when Enabled set to false.

Hi there, I have a ComboBoxBarItem that is disapperaing. Originally, I set its Enabled property to false once, and did not touch it. Now I''m setting it in the UpdateUI event - and when false, the item does not appear (whether this is the direct cause, or a result of something else, I am not sure). When enabled everything works fine. Any ideas? Cheers, TERRY ROSSOW

6 Replies

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team March 20, 2006 04:02 PM UTC

Hi Terry, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have tested this issue here and I was able to see the problem in the test sample attached. Could you please refer to this sample and let me know if you are able to see the problem. If possible, please modify the sample to show the issue. Also, please provide more information about what you exactly do in your application. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Mano Menus_F42085.zip

TR Terence Rossow March 20, 2006 11:06 PM UTC

Hi Mano, I assume you meant that you couldn''t reproduce this problem. I attempted to do it in your sample app but I could not either. What we have is a BaseForm holding the combo box item, and a property that can be overridden on the form to set it enabled or disabled. Whenever a form activates, it clears the current combo box textboxvalue. In the forms, we typically have a grid, and the combo box item is an editbar for the current cell (think Excel). This all works fine - until I activate a window that where the combo box item is disabled. The textboxvalue gets set to string.empty, and the item is disabled in the UpdateUI event - but for some reason it disapperas altogether. Very strange... Cheers, TERRY ROSSOW

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team March 22, 2006 01:45 PM UTC

Hi Terry, Sorry for this delay in getting back to you. I am currently working on this issue and will provide an update at the earliest. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Mano

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team March 23, 2006 09:30 AM UTC

Hi Terry, Could it be possible for you to show this issue using a sample as I am still unable to replicate this issue for some reason?. It could be of great help to us in solving this issue. Thank for your patience and understanding on this issue. Thanks, Mano

TR Terence Rossow March 24, 2006 12:29 AM UTC

Hi Mano, Unfortunately, I cannot get it to happen in a test application. It is obviously something we have done in our application somewhere. If I do manage to get a test app showing the behaviour, I will post it. Thanks for your help, TERRY ROSSOW

TR Terry Rossow March 29, 2006 11:52 PM UTC

I figured this problem out. What was happening was the ComboBoxBarItem was on a MDI child form. I had not given the item any Text, thinking that the text would show up in the Bar it was positioned on. The parent form has NO item for this to merge with, and somehow, because it had no Text, the child''s item was removed altogether, until I enabled it and set some text to it. A simple workaround - but this would still seem to be a bug to me. Cheers, TERRY ROSSOW

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon