We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

displaying multiple fields in a Combo Box.

Re: ComboBox Hi, I am developing a Windows application in VB.Net 2003 where I need to use a combo box to display a list containing the following comma separated fields; 1) Client’s Last Name 2) Client’s First Name 3) Client’s Telephone Number What I would like is for the user to start typing the client’s last name in the editable portion of the combo box and the drop down portion of the combo box to be automatically filled with the above fields (last name, first name and telephone number) for all clients with last names starting with the letter(s) entered. Since we have a number of clients with the same last and first name, we decided to use the telephone number to uniquely identify the client to the operator taking the call. I have achieved this by creating a temporary table and filling it with the above fields (using a stored procedure in MS Access) along with an additional field I call the “display field” which is a combination of the three fields listed above. I fill the combo box with this display field only. What I cannot get to work is for the user to select (using the mouse) a client from the dropdown list and then display only the client’s last name in the editable portion of the combo box. Based on the selected client’s ID field, the rest of the client’s details are displayed else where on the form (this part works) however the last name (editable portion of combo box) is always blank. I have tried to move the last name from string variable to cbLastName.Text, but have had no luck. I would appreciate any help you could give me. Also, which is the event I use detect a client has been selected from the dropdown list? Regards, Larry Carter

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 20, 2006 12:21 PM UTC

Hi, Can you refer the following Articles. 1. http://www.codeproject.com/vb/net/MultiColumnFlatCombo.asp 2. http://www.edneeis.com/control.aspx?ID=7 Thanks, Prabhu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon