We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

NullReferenceException when editing the in the sorted column

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

42058 Mar 17,2006 06:20 PM Mar 20,2006 10:56 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
John Pritchard
Asked On March 17, 2006 06:20 PM

In the attached demo, I have a form with a bound grid (version 3.0.1.0) and a GridFilterBar wired to the grid. I also have a DataSet which I set the Tables[0].DefaultView.Sort to the first column table and then set Table[0] as the grid''s DataSource. If I edit the any of the cells in the first column in such a way to cause it to resort when I leave the row, I get a NullReferenceException. Run the sample, change the cell containing "ID 1" to "xxxx" and leave the row. --> NullReferenceException. This happens down in grid code and there is no way I that I know to catch the exception myself. If I do not wire the GridFilterBar, the exception will not occur. If I double-click the second column''s header to change the sort order, and then double-click the first column''s header to change the sort order back, the NullReferenceException will not occur. Is there a preferred method to setup the sort during the form''s Load routine? I am currently using the DefaultView.Sort property on the DataTable. Should I be using a method/property on the grid instead? This behavior is not reproducable on all machines. I have a collegue who cannot reproduce this behavior. However, he is not running Windows XP Service Pack 2 (I am). We are however both running the same version of syncfusion essential suite.

ExceptionDemo.zip

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 20, 2006 10:56 AM

Hi JP, The issue is working fine here (Windows XP Service pack 2). Please refer to the attached image illustrating the desired output . Please try this issue in our later versions and let us know if this helps. And kindly send call stack. Best regards, Madhan.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;