We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GCC - Move Child Columns

Hi, I am evaluating this product but as a few final steps I need to know how to move a column in a Grid Grouping Control. I have a Parent Child type table and I can move the Parent Column using GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.VisibleColumns(0).Name = "Checked" . However this doesn''t move the CHild''s column which is a "Checked" column also. Is there a way to do this? See Attached, both second level checked column is way on the right, off the screen. 2nd issue is that I need to be able to programmatically change a checkbox value from true to false in both the Parent and Child Grid Quickly. Currently I am changing the values by updating the data in the dataset, but is there a way to change the values in the Grid. This Grid is so far passing all our tests except the above 2 and it is probably my limited understanding of the grid and how it interacts with the column''s appearance and functionality. Any help? Regards, Chris

Grid10.zip

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 20, 2006 01:22 PM UTC

Hi Chris, The parent / child table columns can be moved by calling the TableDescriptor.Columns.Move() method on the appropriate TableDescriptor. And the value of a field can be set by the record.SetValue() method. Please refer to the attached sample and let us know if this serves your need. Regards, Calvin.

42054.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon