We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Exception at design time : The extender provider has already been...

Hi, I get this exception while trying to open a form that contains a GridBagLayout "The extender provider gridBagLayout1 [Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.GridLayout] has already been added as an extender. Adding another would result in duplicate properties." Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this ? I couldn''t find anything on the internet or here about this issue. Thanks Matt

8 Replies

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team March 19, 2006 05:54 AM UTC

Hi Matt, Sorry for the delay in getting back on this. Someone from the Tools team will provide an update by Monday. It would help us if you can mention the version of VS.NET and Essential Studio. Best regards, Daniel >Hi, > >I get this exception while trying to open a form that contains a GridBagLayout > >"The extender provider gridBagLayout1 [Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.GridLayout] has already been added as an extender. Adding another would result in duplicate properties." > >Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this ? >I couldn''t find anything on the internet or here about this issue. > >Thanks >Matt

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team March 20, 2006 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Matt, We regret for the inconvenience caused. Could you please post a sample that reproduces this issue, as I am unable to reproduce this issue using v.4.10.62. Is there anything specific about your application? Also, please let me know the version of Essential Studio and VS.Net you are working on? Thanks for your patience. Regards, Mano

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 24, 2006 08:31 AM UTC

Hi, we have the same problem after resx conversions. All controls that used a Gridbaglayout compiled with VS 2003 and Syncfusion 3.0.1.0 are involved. After converting the involved resx files with your tool we don''t have the problems at runtime (in our application)anymore. But we are not able to edit the resourcefiles with the design editor of VS 2005 and got the same error posted by the threadstarter above. To reproduce Add a control to your project created in VS 2003 and add a GridBagLayout on it with Syncfusion 3.0.1.0 and compile it. Use your converter and now compile your solution with Syncfusion 4.1.0.50 and VS 2005. Then try to edit your control (not in the source in the designer editor) and you will get this error. I hope this helps you to reproduce problem. If i got any news on this or a workaround i will post it here. Thx Lars

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 24, 2006 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Larsk, I am afraid, I was not able to reproduce this problem in v.4.1.0.50 as per your reproducable steps. I have tested this issue, it works fine. Could you please let me know whether you have given the BaseVersion as 4.102.0.50 while converting the resources using the ConvertResx 2.0? Also, could you please provide the entries in the licenses.licx file. Best Regards, Seetha

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 24, 2006 02:39 PM UTC

Hi Seetha, thx for your quick answer. We used the Converter 2.0 from 4.1.0.50 setup. Syncfusion 4.101.0.50 binaries are installed and beside 3.0.1.0 still available in the GAC. Our license files are using the version 4.101.0.50. Maybee i should try your patch 4.1.0.62 first before we going into deeper research.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 24, 2006 02:54 PM UTC

One more thing i forgot to tell you regarding license.licx. We''re using many controls with different kind of Syncfusion references. So we have many constellations how license.licx could look like. But the problems only occures with controls containing a GridBagLayout.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 25, 2006 03:00 PM UTC

The patched version has already problems in the conversion tool. And again the problem is related to GridBagLayout Details http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=43519

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2006 06:23 AM UTC

Hi Larsk, I request you to follow up with the following thread created by you regarding this issue http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=43519 Thanks, Seetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon