We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Set / Retrieve Layer Order

I need to SET the Z-INDEX of a layer. Let''s say there are 5 layers, each with any number of objects. They are stacked like this: layer 1 layer 2 layer 3, etc... I want layer 3 to move UP, that is, to be between Layer 1 and 2. How do I do this? Do I remove the layer from the Layers Collection and then insert it at a different point? If I do this, will I lose all the layer''s objects? Maybe I should create a new layer, insert into the desired position, move all the objects from the source layer to the new dest, and then remove the original? Surely, there''s an easier way? I see how to move objects within the zorder, but I need to move the layers themselves (and their objects, of-course). Similar to Illustrator, or any other drawing program with layers. ALSO: How to get the current layer index for a layer? I found Layers.IndexOf(). Is that the only way. Does the layer itself not know its order? Thanks for your help.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2006 03:01 PM UTC

Hi ERobishaw, We are looking into the issue that you have mentioned here and will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Meera.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon