We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Capitalisation of Keywords in editControl.text

Hi Ebenezer.P, I''m currently searching for a practicable way to realize capitalisation of keywords. There is a helpful sample named "KeywordFormatingDemo" where I can see how to format and capitalize keywords for my demands. That is all nice and works perfect. My problem is now, that the capitalisation of keywords is only visible for the user and does not influence the text itself. How can I apply the capitalisation to the real text? It doesn''t matter if the capitalisation applies continuous to the text while the user is typing (would be nicer), or if I can use a method with editcontrol.text as input and capitalized Text as output. Maybe you can give me a hint how to apply? Thanks, Klaus

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2006 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Klaus, We are currently working on a sample and will send it over shortly. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Ebenezer.P

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 20, 2006 07:39 AM UTC

Hi Klaus, I have attached a sample that illustrates how to apply capitalisation for keywords in the real text.Please let me know if this meets your requirements. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Ebenezer.P

CS14.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 20, 2006 10:19 AM UTC

Hi Ebenezer.P, sorry - but your sample does not work ;-( 1.) When I enter some keywords e.g. "if then else" I can see in the textwindow "If Then Else" and that is ok. BUT when I save the file and open with a text editor I see the non-capitalized text "if then else" but I would see the capitalized one. 2.) The sample is incredible slow after enter 2000 lines of text. And I earn sometimes an exception. My question: Is there maybe a possibility to access the real text in the "format_OnCustomDraw" event handler? Thanks for the sample - greetings - Klaus

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 21, 2006 11:52 AM UTC

Hi Klaus, Thanks for your feedback,we have considered to add support to save the changes made in the OnCustomDraw event handler and have logged a feature request #839 on this and will try our very best to implement this at the earliest. You could track the progress of this feature request at the link below : Feature Request #839 - Support to save the changes made in the OnCustomDraw event handler. Please let me know if this meets your requirements. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Ebenezer.P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon