We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Upgrading from version 1.6

I''m considering upgrading from what is now the legacy version of the Edit control. Is there anything that helps make this upgrade process easier. For example, how do I find out how the property and methods names have changed.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2006 09:50 AM UTC

Hi Stephen, Thanks for your interest in Essential Edit. Please note that version 4.1.0.50 Essential Edit and Essential Edit Legacy are two entirely different products (different architecture and APIs).Hence products developed in earlier versions of Essential Edit (called Essential Edit Legacy now), will not be automatically compatible with version 4.1.0.50 Essential Edit. The development of Edit Legacy has been frozen and we intend to phase it out in the near future. Currently we will continue to support Essential Edit Legacy for some more time, but support will be provided through workarounds wherever possible and no fixes or new features will be implemented. However, you could continue using Essential Edit Legacy libraries for the same. Also, we recommend you to use version 4.1.0.50 Essential Edit for any new applications that you may wish to develop. The main advantages would be that the new Edit has a better architecture and extensibility - in terms of loading and handling large files, syntax highlighting using XML configuration files, automatic outlining, Wordwrap etc. In short we have addressed all the shortcomings of the Edit Legacy in the new EditControl. Let me know if you have any questions. Regards, Ebenezer.P

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2006 05:52 PM UTC

Thanks, but it doesn''t really answer my question. What I want to know is how to convert code from the old control to the new control. To give you a simple example, I currently use the ViewportFirstLine property of the old control (amongst many others). What''s the best way to find out the equivalent property of the new control. Do I have to go through the whole documentation of the new control until I find something that sounds the same as this property, or is there something that tells me that ViewportFirstLine in old control is now xxx in new control. I assume that there isn''t, but thought it best to check.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 16, 2006 11:15 AM UTC

Hi Stephen, I am afraid, there is no document to find out the equivalent property in the new EditControl.The CurrentLine property of the new EditControl can be used to get or set the current line in EditControl.Please let me know if this meets your requirements. We appreciate your interest in Essential Edit. Regards, Ebenezer.P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon