We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Regd---Essential Grid(ForeSlash)

Hi There, We are using griddataboundgrid.In any of the formula cell if we type ForeSlash(/) and click on any other cell with mouse(particularly),this method "private string ParseSimple(string text, char[] markers, char[] operators, ref bool needToContinue)" of formulacell model is called and it will display the message displayed in "first" image, as soon as we respond to the dialog , next error message is displayed which is captured in the "second.bmp" image. Please find the attachments. Thanks in advance, Thanks & Regards, Manohar B.

Error18.zip

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2006 09:16 AM UTC

Hi Manohar, When a forward slash (“/”) is just typed in a formula cell it does not show any error message, but when “=/” is typed it will show an error message stating that a binary operator can not start an expression, which is true. And I am not able to get the second unhandled exception in the grid version 4.1.0.62. I have attached a sample. And if you are still getting the issue in the attached sample please let us know the version of grid that you are using. Regards, Calvin.

41902.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2006 06:10 AM UTC

Hi calvin, In the previous attachment i have given two snapshots of error messages.I am attaching the document with details of the error.If you can identify and help me in any way by analysing the error trace,it will be very helpful for me. Thanks in advance, Thanks & Reagards, Manohar B. >Hi Manohar, > >When a forward slash (“/”) is just typed in a formula cell it does not show any error message, but when “=/” is typed it will show an error message stating that a binary operator can not start an expression, which is true. And I am not able to get the second unhandled exception in the grid version 4.1.0.62. I have attached a sample. And if you are still getting the issue in the attached sample please let us know the version of grid that you are using. > >Regards, >Calvin.

41902.zip

error19.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2006 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Calvin, I forgot to mention in the previous message,actually you have given me a grid which will accepts "Foreslash /",but i want a one just similar to the existing one,like it should give me the message when i just enter "/" as first character like "binary operators cannot start an expression" and cleat the cell,but instead i am getting the "object reference not set to an instance" once the message is properly shown.Kindly solve this problem or give me some clue where i can go ahead and solve the problem Thanks in advance, Thanks & Regards, Manohar B. >Hi calvin, > > In the previous attachment i have given two snapshots of error messages.I am attaching the document with details of the error.If you can identify and help me in any way by analysing the error trace,it will be very helpful for me. > >Thanks in advance, > >Thanks & Reagards, >Manohar B. > >>Hi Manohar, >> >>When a forward slash (“/”) is just typed in a formula cell it does not show any error message, but when “=/” is typed it will show an error message stating that a binary operator can not start an expression, which is true. And I am not able to get the second unhandled exception in the grid version 4.1.0.62. I have attached a sample. And if you are still getting the issue in the attached sample please let us know the version of grid that you are using. >> >>Regards, >>Calvin.

41902.zip

error19.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 20, 2006 05:29 AM UTC

Hi Manohar, Please refer to the attached sample which gives an error message when a forward slash (“/”) is entered in a cell as the first character. But still I am not able to reproduce the unhandled exception. If you can reproduce the issue in the attached sample and send it back we can get back soon with a solution. Regards, Calvin.

419020.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon