We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to load a "GIF" image in SplashControl or SplashPanel ?

HI, I need to show a "GIF" image to user waiting while a long time system operation . Can I load a "GIF" image in SplashControl or SplashPanel to do that? how to do ? thanks.

9 Replies

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team March 9, 2006 11:30 AM UTC

Hi Andy, Our SplashControl does support the display of GIFs through the use of SplashPanel. You can place a PictureBox within a SplashPanel and display a GIF within it.I have attached a sample that shows how this can be done. Please let me know if you need furthur assistance. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Anu.

AL Andy Liu March 10, 2006 01:31 AM UTC

thanks,Anupama your source code could not be compiled maybe because the component version incorrect, my Syncfusion component version is 2.0.5.1 would your please give me another sourceCode with my version,so thanks! > >Hi Andy, > >Our SplashControl does support the display of GIFs through the use of SplashPanel. You can place a PictureBox within a SplashPanel and display a GIF within it.I have attached a sample >that shows how this can be done. > >Please let me know if you need furthur assistance. > >Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. > >Regards, > >Anu.

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team March 10, 2006 02:50 PM UTC

Hi Andy, I am attaching a sample that compiles with your version. Thanks, Anu.

splash_animgif.zip

AL Andy Liu March 11, 2006 10:19 AM UTC

HI,Anu it''s working.thanks. But I still have a further question: I set the SplashPanel and "GIF" pictureBox in a individual form and provide a public ShowSplash() method for calling. I called the ShowSplash() method in another form before the long time operation method in order to show a "GIF" image for user waiting. unfortunately,the SplashPanel and "GIF" image just only displayed AFTER the long time operation method is completed :( do you have a better solution for this case? >Hi Andy, > >I am attaching a sample that compiles with your version. > >Thanks, > >Anu. >

splash_animgif.zip

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team March 13, 2006 04:41 AM UTC

Hi Andy, Do you use a timer for your long time operation?If so,try to set your splash display conditions in the timer_Tick event.If this information is not enough,please send me more details on how you perform your long time operation. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Anu.

AL Andy Liu March 13, 2006 07:17 AM UTC

NO,I dont use the timer.My sample code below, I defined two methods using SplashControl and SplashPanel respectively : //-------------------------------------------- public class frmSplash:System.Windows.Forms.Form { private Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.SplashControl spc; private Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.SplashPanel spl; private System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox pb; //component initialize...... public void ShowSplash(string sFile) { this.spc.SplashImage=Image.FromFile(sFile); this.spc.ShowSplash(false); } public void ShowSplash1(string sFile) { this.pb.Image=Image.FromFile(sFile); this.pb.SizeMode=PictureBoxSizeMode.AutoSize; this.spl.ShowSplash(); } } //----------------------------------------------- this is the code below to call test these two methods: //this method works well,the gif image displayed before long_time_operation and disappear after the long_time_operation ,but the displayed gif image is static frmSplash fs=new frmSplash(); fs.ShowSplash("xxx.gif"); long_time_operation(); //this method has the problem I have mentioned: the displayed gif image is dynamic ,but it''s only displayed AFTER the long_time_operation method is completed frmSplash fs=new frmSplash(); fs.ShowSplash1("xxx.gif"); long_time_operation();

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team March 14, 2006 12:30 PM UTC

Hi Andy, I have not reproduced the exact issue yet.I am looking into this and will get back to you soon. Regards, Anu.

AL Andy Liu March 15, 2006 06:21 AM UTC

OK,thanks

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team March 15, 2006 02:08 PM UTC

Hi Andy, I have created a sample with the code snippet given above.In my sample ,I am loading another application under a button click and the animated gif displays correctly before the second application is loaded. Could you please run this at your end and let me know whether is a big difference between this and your''s ? SplashSample It would be appreciable if you can modify this and send it back to us for furthur investigation. Thanks, Anu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon