We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GGC : QueryCellStyleInfo event

Hi, I have a GGC in which I need to set properties like ReadOnly and BackColor of individual cells of a row depending on data in that row. I undertsand that one place to do this is in QueryCellStyleInfo event. I have done this successfully. I have managed to make 2 cells of a row editable and set their backcolor to another color to make it easier for the user to distinguish the editable cells from the others. However at times I have noticed strange behavior with the editable cells. For e.g. one of them is dropdown and at times the dropdown does not work i.e. even on clicking the pulldown button it does not show the pulldown list of values. In other words it behaves like a readonly field. I have a feeling this is to do with the QueryCellStyleInfo event because this is one event which is fired continuously to render the grid. Sometimes this causes performance issues in the rendering (makes it slower) and also causes strange behaviour like I mentioned. My question is, is there any other place/event I can do what I want to do without facing this issue. And if not, how can I resolve this problem keeping the code where it is. I will not be able to send you the entire project because its a huge mortgage application we are trying to develop. However the code file in question is attached in this mail. Also attached is a screenshot of what the grid looks like. The Outcome column is of ComboBox celltype which behaves awkwardly and Remarks is a custom Richtext cell type which also behaves awkwardly. Request a quick resolution to this. We are already in UAT and users have already reported this issue. Thanks in advance.

ApprovalTab.zip

4 Replies

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team March 9, 2006 10:08 AM UTC

Hi Anupama, I suspect that the recordCompleted flag might keep the ReadOnly true for these two columns, but that might also bring backcolor to lavender. Please check if you can pass through the conditions to set the cells as readonly false, the complications of flag in the QueryCellStyleInfo, can be a source to this problem. Do you also get some exception? Here is a modified sample with combo box, there seems to be no trouble. If you could modify the sample that will help. Regards, Stanley

AN Anupama March 9, 2006 10:50 AM UTC

No the strangest thing is the color remains GhostWhite but the behaviour is readonly. This means that the if-condition evaluates to true each time and yet the pulldown does not drop. Only when I click elsewhere in the grid a couple of times does it start behaving alright again. This is a standard workaroud we use to let us proceed. There is no exception we receive. >Hi Anupama, > >I suspect that the recordCompleted flag might keep the ReadOnly true for these two columns, but that might also bring backcolor to lavender. Please check if you can pass through the conditions to set the cells as readonly false, the complications of flag in the QueryCellStyleInfo, can be a source to this problem. > >Do you also get some exception? > >Here is a modified sample with combo box, there seems to be no trouble. If you could modify the sample that will help. > >Regards, >Stanley

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team March 13, 2006 04:55 AM UTC

Hi Anupama, Can you please try to reproduce this behavior, that will help us to debug here and give you a solution. Thanks, Stanley

AN Anupama March 30, 2006 09:43 AM UTC

This worked for me. It had to do with a time consuming method call I was making inside the QueryCellSyleInfo event handler, which was causing it to malfunction and have a poor response time. I removed this method call outside the event handler and its now working fine. Thanks!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon