I have attached a sample with the features you mentioned, and we would suggest you to provide the grid datasource
with a single table which you could acheive using a join command.
Data Source for the Grid:
1) To arrive at the interface you had requested, we propose that you first create a join of all the tables (Units, Regions, Divisions and Items) using SQL and create a single table.
2) Then specify this table as the data source for the grid.
3) We have created a dummy table called "Items.mdb" which reflects the schema of this "joined table" that you would provide the grid - as suggested in step 1. In case you don''t have Access, I have attached the screenshot of the table as seen within Access.
4) Once we done with with the above said steps, we have configured the grid in appropriate ways to arrive at the look and feel you wanted.
Configuring the Grid:
1) QueryCellStyleInfo event is handled and the "Group Caption Cells" are manually populated with appropriate data.
2) An "unbound column" called "Count" has been added and again populated in the above QueryCellStyleInfo handler.
3) ItemTemplates are specified for the ItemName column to make them hyper links.
4) The look and feel of the grid is pretty basic in this sample, but can be customized in any way you want.
By Following the above procedure :
You dont have to follow the procedure as i mentioned in this forum
to acheive hyperlinks in nested tables.
The procedure which I mentioned rel='nofollow' href="http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=41629">here is for the nested table approach and here we dont use any nested column.
Please let us know if you have any questions.