We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Updating data in GGC

Hi How do I get the GGC to show the updated content when I alter the datasource (fill new data into the datatables)... I can only get it to work by rebinding the datasource as in given example, but it seems to be both a costly and worng way to do it. I feel I must be missing something really obvious! Thanks.. private void BindData(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridGroupingControl grid, DataSet ds) { grid.SuspendLayout(); grid.DataSource = ds != null ? ds.Tables[0] : null; grid.ResetTableDescriptor(); grid.TableDescriptor.Relations.Reset(); // Show group area grid.ShowGroupDropArea = true; grid.ResumeLayout(true); }

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 9, 2006 11:04 AM UTC

Hi Rasmus, Any changes that are made to the data source(data table) that is bound to a GridGroupingControl will also get reflected in the GridGroupingControl by default. The gridGroupingControl.DataSource has to be rebound only when you want to assign a different data source. Regards, Calvin.

RF Rasmus Fynbo March 9, 2006 02:45 PM UTC

Yes one should expect so, but it doesn''t happen. The grid only updates on rebinding to the same datasource. Any ideas, why this does not happen?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 10, 2006 03:50 AM UTC

Hi Rasmus, The grid updates fine when the bound data table values are changed. Please refer the sample and let me know if you are trying something different. Regards, Calvin.

41660.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon