We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XPMenus Package - Memory Leaks & Heap Memory Not Cleared

Dear Synchfusion, We are using XPMenu package(v3.2.1.0) controls(PopupMenusManager, PopupMenu, ParentBarItem & BarItem). We have model forms which can be opened from context menus, main menus and buttons in some other screens. When we open these forms using context menus, and click on any other application icon on taskbar, taskbar does not respond. Taskbar only flashes the icons. As taskbar icon click brings the application to the top of heap, we are guessing that context menus are occupying lot of heap memory, thus not allowing other application to show up. When we searched in your open issues, we came across reading one of Essential tolls open issues "Defect #225 - XPToolBar and its BarItems cause memory leaks". And we thought we will test our application also with any memory profile. We tested our application with Microsoft CLRProfiler control and found that menu objects are still present even after the owner form is closed. You can observe this even in one of the synchfusion samples "XPMenus_Tutorial". We think XPMenu objects are taking lot of heap memory and this is a severe memory threat for our application. Can you please check about this problem and confirm? Can you give us any fix/patch/workaround? We are using many synchfusion controls in our application. So, can you please give us list of synchfusion controls having memory problems? Thanks and regards Badri Rajani Kanth

10 Replies

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team March 9, 2006 11:34 AM UTC

Hi Badri, We regret for the inconvenience caused. I am able to see the problem when using popup menu. I have logged a bug report # 1664 with high priority Defect #1664 - Popupmenu blocks external windows to show up when used to show a modal form. As I am unable to promise any workaround for this issue, we will try to fix this issue at the earliest and keep you informed. Please let me know if you have any questions. Regards, Mano

BR Badri Rajani Kanth March 9, 2006 11:38 AM UTC

Thank You very much Mano, We are also actively working on some work arounds. We will update you soon with some temporary fix. Rgds Rajani Kanth >Hi Badri, > >We regret for the inconvenience caused. I am able to see the problem when using popup menu. I have logged a bug report # 1664 with high priority > >Defect #1664 - Popupmenu blocks external windows to show up when used to show a modal form. > >As I am unable to promise any workaround for this issue, we will try to fix this issue at the earliest and keep you informed. Please let me know if you have any questions. > >Regards, >Mano

BR Badri Rajani Kanth March 9, 2006 12:09 PM UTC

Hi Mano, One Quick temporary fix is: In the sample form, 1. for Form1, set XPContextMenu on PopupMenusManager1 = none. 2. Handle mouse down event of form1 to display popup menu. private void Form1_MouseDown(object sender, System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs e) { if(e.Button == MouseButtons.Right) { popupMenu1.Show(this, new System.Drawing.Point(e.X, e.Y)); } } Now, you can open form2 and there wont be taskbar not responding problem. However, we are still working on better workaround. Also some more input is, this problem arises even if use PopupMenu_BeforePopup(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.CancelMouseEventArgs e). May be you look into that event generation also. Rgds Rajani Kanth

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team March 9, 2006 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Badri, Thanks for sharing this workaround. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Mano

BR Badri Rajani Kanth March 13, 2006 12:52 PM UTC

Dear Manoj, Status of the issue "Defect #1664 - Popupmenu blocks external windows to show up when used to show a modal form." says its resolved now. But the link to servicepack is missing in that page. Can you provide us the link? Also as we are using Synchfusion V 3.2.1.0, can we directly apply the patch? Rgds Rajani Kanth

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team March 13, 2006 02:00 PM UTC

Hi Badri, The defect # 1664 has been fixed, but it is not included in our latest patch release v.4.1.0.62. Could you please create a direct-trac incident mentioning the forum ID in the subject line,so that I can compile a dll including this fix under version 3.2.1.0, and provide the dll, as we are providing patches only for the latest release versions (v.4.1.0.50). Thanks, Mano

BR Badri Rajani Kanth March 13, 2006 03:53 PM UTC

Hi Mano, Direct Trac issue with subject "XPMenus Package - Memory Leaks & Heap Memory Not Cleared " is raised. Can you plz do the needful? Thanking you Badri Rajani Kanth

BR Badri Rajani Kanth March 14, 2006 05:30 PM UTC

Thank You very much Synchfusion & Manoj, We got the patch for V3.2.1.0. We will test it and inform you if any more issues. Hopefully, none. Rgds Rajani Kanth

BR Badri Rajani Kanth March 29, 2006 10:24 AM UTC

Hi Mano, There is small problem. It came in runtime. This DLL is referencing some synchfusion other DLLS with versions (v.3.201.1.1). But as we have all other DLLs as v.3.201.1.0, we are getting runtime error. We think these references are to be corrected.. Can you plz advice? Is changing those references to v.3.201.1.0 and rebuilding the DLL at your end will solve the problem? Also we think the publickeytoken for Syncfusion.Tools.Windows dll (v.3.201.1.1) not be changed. Currently it is 3d67ed1f87d44c89 Rgds Rajani Kanth

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team March 30, 2006 10:31 AM UTC

Hi Rajani Kanth, I have updated your Direct-Trac incident regarding this issue. I request you to follow up with that incident for further queries. Thanks, Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon