We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Drag&Drop between 2 tabs in TabbedMDIManager

Hi, I have several forms in a TabbedMDIManager. When I drag items from one form (tab1), I'd like to drop it in a second form (tab2) within the same tab group. To do this when the item is dragged and the mouse is moving on the tab2, this tab should be automatically selected (like in VS.NET), then I could drop it on the second form. How can I do this? Should I override MouseMove or MouseHover of TabControlExt? But I don't have access to it whit TabbedMDIManager. Thanks, Sebastien

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 25, 2002 06:32 PM UTC

Hi, Yes, you have to provide a subclassed version of the tabcontrol for use by the tabbed mdi manager. This KB article tells you how to customize the tabcontrol: http://www.syncfusion.com/KB/Tools/Tools_c30c.asp#q531q However, I think, by default we could make the tabs respond to dragover automatically (just like VS.Net). Should be very simple for us to include this functionality. I will make this a feature request for our next revision. -Praveen Ramesh > Hi, > > I have several forms in a TabbedMDIManager. > When I drag items from one form (tab1), I'd like to drop it in a second form (tab2) within the same tab group. > To do this when the item is dragged and the mouse is moving on the tab2, this tab should be automatically selected (like in VS.NET), then I could drop it on the second form. > > How can I do this? > Should I override MouseMove or MouseHover of TabControlExt? But I don't have access to it whit TabbedMDIManager. > > Thanks, > Sebastien

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon