We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problems with GDBG v.3.2.1.0

I am having several inconsistent behaviour with GDBG v.3.2.1.0 e.g. 1. Sometimes I can''t edit a cell even though readonly is false for the cell. 2. Sometimes a value selected from dropdown does not get updated in the grid cell. Are these known problems with this version or I''m alone on this?

4 Replies

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team March 3, 2006 04:25 PM UTC

Hi Kingsley, If you had made ReadOnly to true and then to false, then make use of IgnoreReadOnly property also to change the state. Let us know if that helps. Best regards, Stanley

KI Kingsley March 3, 2006 05:46 PM UTC

What is the exact sequence for setting this properties. Do I set ReadOnly followed by IgnoreReadOnly or the other way around? >Hi Kingsley, > >If you had made ReadOnly to true and then to false, then make use of IgnoreReadOnly property also to change the state. Let us know if that helps. > >Best regards, >Stanley

KI Kingsley March 6, 2006 04:55 PM UTC

The solution you gave isn''t working. My objectives are as follows: 1. I have to be able to turn on/off edit mode 2. My grid has a combobox, value selected from the combobox are only allowed when not already contained in the grid. I have implemented the CurrentCellCloseDropDown and EditModeChanged events as shown in the attached file. My Problems: 1. After switching to edit mode, sometimes I still can''t edit the 1st cell I click on (until I go to another cell and then back to the cell I really want to edit). 2. Even though I''m setting the required keys in the EditModeChanged event, I still get a popup msg that the ContactKey is null. This often happen when on a new row, the value selected from dropdown already exist.

script.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 8, 2006 11:59 AM UTC

Hi Kingsley, To change the property of a ReadOnly cell, first the GridModel.IgnoreReadOnly property should be set to true then the ReadOnly cell’s property can be set/changed. I have attached a sample. Please refer the following link for more details. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=338 About the second issue, if you can reproduce the issue in the attached sample and send it back we can get back soon with a solution. Regards, Calvin.

41523.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon